Forums

What

Sort:
DMX21x1

DMX21x1

Does anyone know what the deal with this is?

raymond_grc

just guessing. a mix between chinese checkers and chess lol

DMX21x1

This is what Chess in Hell looks like. Wink

Me_The_Richest

"The Untimely Demise of Chess"

shadowslayer

That would be incredibly interesting, even if I just watched.

Would you sit back and watch the others duke it out, or would you go head on and face the unknown?

Lehes

Looks interesting but how do the pieces move? :S

DMX21x1

Don't know.  The squares are not squares for one thing, pawns are gonna get broadsided so they'd have to have new powers.  Seems a bit unfair, 2 players could just gang up on the stronger player.

I guess it could be a little like the scene at the end of The Good The Bad And The Ugly.  A tense 3-way shoot out. 

Me_The_Richest

Yeah...

shadowslayer

I can see how they would move, right in the "front" of you the pieces would move either from the tip of the triangle, or the base. That would work, basically, the same with the bishops. The rook, if you followed the first part, would be easy to move, probably the easiest.

DMX21x1

The closest red pawn in the pic, if it were to move 2 spaces forward then the white pawn on the left side wouldn't be able to move 2. 

Maybe instead of going for the centre you have to try dominate your own flanks. 

Would be interesting to see how a game of this pans out.  Gives me a headache just looking at it.

chessbeginner77

there is also four player chess and 3d chess with three chessboards piled on top of each other.

DMX21x1

Cool, where does this madness end though? I'll bet there's an 8 player version somewhere.  Any idea what the significance of the words Throne, Great Hall and Courtyard is? Or the x-roads in the middle? 

azziralc

This can't be play with a chess game.