Forums

You Know You Have Blown a WON Game When ??

Sort:
mateologist

A. Your opponent who looked half-dead starts dancing in the playing hall ! Yell

B. It suddenly  dawns on you that your brilliant "attack" does lead to a Mate . (yours) !!

C. you  start to make the final move of your beautiful 5 move game ending combination and your opponent says "Excuse me but you are in CHECK !!!! "  Yell

tfulk

ouch @ "C" above.......

asvpcurtis

or the most common way is allowing you opponent to get active

Blackfang

B and C aren't a won game. A doesn't even make sense.

mateologist
Blackfang wrote:

B and C aren't a won game. A doesn't even make sense.

You gotta' be kidding Me !!  Cool

fissionfowl
p-wnattack wrote:

Now if that's not comedy gold then I don't know what is.

asvpcurtis
fissionfowl wrote:
p-wnattack wrote:

i wasn't trying to be funny i was trying to point out the most common way

VanillaKnightPOC

When you're a rook up and you hang your queen.

DrCheckevertim

when you move a piece to a brilliant position and your opponent just takes it.

you considered every single thing except for that...

atarw

There Are are only 26 letters, OP. You cannot get to 1000! :P

learningthemoves

When you think to yourself, "muhahaha, I've got the opposition and this is won" (only to lose the opposition on the next move when your opponent moves his king and puts you in zugzwang). Cry

johnyoudell

Your opponent says "checkmate".

learningthemoves
coneheadzombie wrote:
learningthemoves wrote:

When you think to yourself, "muhahaha, I've got the opposition and this is won" (only to lose the opposition on the next move when your opponent moves his king and puts you in zugzwang). 

That doesn't even make sense. The opposition cannot be taken and then lost in 1 move.

How long have you felt this way?

Not even in distant indirect opposition?

Not a half move.

waffllemaster

Haha, I had B happen to me.  Suddenly my opponent sits up straight... and after a few minutes plays a move that hangs his knight while staring intently at the board... and I then notice he has a fancy little mate in 3... crap.  So I had to resign Cry

waffllemaster
coneheadzombie wrote:
learningthemoves wrote:

When you think to yourself, "muhahaha, I've got the opposition and this is won" (only to lose the opposition on the next move when your opponent moves his king and puts you in zugzwang). 

That doesn't even make sense. The opposition cannot be taken and then lost in 1 move.

Elubas

There are many ways for one to lose the opposition -- for example, in a hypothetical position, a white king keeps shuffling to the right just as the black counterpart does to maintain the opposition, but then suddenly the white king gets blocked by his own pawn and can't move to the square he needs to maintain the opposition.

Granted, assuming both kings are on the queenside, white can always choose to outflank on that side for every move that he has the opposition -- however, perhaps all of the action is on the kingside, and by the time white gets there, he has to give it up due to reasons given above, something of that nature.

waffllemaster
coneheadzombie wrote:

he said move the king, not a pawn.

[Edit, oops this isn't a win, but you get the idea]

Elubas

Right -- the timing is fine; the problem is, the d4 square is simply covered, so white can't play Kd4 to maintain the opposition.

fissionfowl
p-wnattack wrote:
fissionfowl wrote:
p-wnattack wrote:

i wasn't trying to be funny i was trying to point out the most common way

I know.