Forums

Your favorite opening

Sort:
timbites

Or Queen's Gambit.

konhidras

I think im going to take-up the DAETH Opening soon.

Seraphimity
[COMMENT DELETED]
Bur_Oak
JoshG354 wrote:
Seraphimity wrote:

Holly ____ I'm playing with an actual model.

Welcome to the internet bud

Hey, I'm an actual model. I got paid $1.00, and my picture was on the front cover of the 1980 Frog Tool Co. catalog!

Seraphimity
Bur_Oak wrote:
JoshG354 wrote:
Seraphimity wrote:

Holly ____ I'm playing with an actual model.

Welcome to the internet bud

Hey, I'm an actual model. I got paid $1.00, and my picture was on the front cover of the 1980 Frog Tool Co. catalog!

I wasn't aware frog's used tools.  better hide that one before the creationists try and steal it!

Bur_Oak

I wasn't aware frog's used tools.  better hide that one before the creationists try and steal it!

The owner was an old physicist, and looked the part. His idea in naming the business was to give it a name everybody would remember. I suspect you'll never forget it!

Seraphimity

I used to do a bit of antiquing and had a small store.  It is memorable name and thanks for not taking offense.  Beside's being memorable everyone loves frogs.  Ashame thier specie is threatened as it is.  Now, to change the subject your avatar is General Lee?  back in my alchoholic days my wife once called the police on me as I would not stop talking like general Lee. Total method.  Had just watched the movie Gettysburg and one other of the CW and being from the Deep south the movie got to me.  I wouldn't let up and she thought something was wrong with me  lol.. The officers got the biggest kick out of it and told me to pretty much quit doing it.   ahh good times

Bur_Oak

Finishing up on Frog Tool, it is perhaps no coincidence that "frog" is not only a reference to an amphibian species, but has additional meanings. A part of a wood plane, as well as a part of a violin (& viola, & 'cello, & bass) bow, and other things are known as a frog.

Yes, the avatar is a scan of an American Bank Note Company engraving of Robert E. Lee. It ties in with another hobby, an interest in History, and the fact that I am an older fellow with a grey beard of my own. (Loved the movie, Gettysburg.)

AWYEA

Scotch

Live_For_Chess
Kirby64 wrote:

Scotch

cool Cool