Forums

YOUR IQ compared to" World Chess Champion" Garry Kasparov ..

Sort:
Galaxy_Chess_God

I scored 5 out of 10 i didn't get the first one cause I didn't know what a pike is

WhiChar

I got 5

rusheelm

Hi guys!

Anyone who wants to play a lot of chess over the summer please visit this link!

https://sites.google.com/view/rusheel-summer-chess

hitthepin

Google sites. How professional. 

Mate, you seem to be advertising across a whole lot of forums. Y’know that’s technically not allowed under TOS, right?

Sakunthadharmasena

Good

Goodnite02

We often confuse achievement with aptitude.  All of the WC Champions have been high achievers.  The mistake is to think that high achievement requires high aptitude.  Perhaps this is an example of reduction of cognitive dissonance.  We don’t study chess as much as we should and we tend to blame it on aptitude rather than laziness.  It has been suggested that we need to recognize maybe 100,000 positional patterns in order to become a top chess player.  Who knows exactly how many?  But it is easier to assign excellence to the fact that Kasparov or Carlsen or whoever is a chess genius.

Another fact worth noting is that the idea of intelligence as a single concept, as single unified feature of brain function is now out of date.  We now know that the brain is modular, the mind has many components.  We excel at some things and we are hopeless at other things...

Ziryab
mzamel wrote:

my IQ is probably about the same as Garry's

That low?

WingchessRyan
trysts wrote:
MsJean wrote:

I just cut and pasted it assuming this was correct. I got that one wrong anyway ...You are a smart lady and I love how articulate you are too what is your score ? If you want to say .....:)

That was sweet of you to say!I missed numbers 5, 8, 9, and 10

WingchessRyan
llamonade2 wrote:
KibiDangoman wrote:

I am already predicting that he will RUN.

He will say this weekend and then next week monday etc...

Like a little B that owes money to a loan shark he will always have excuses.

Because he is SCARED for his life.

Well, since you're so excited to play me, maybe you'll be the first person to actually accept my challenge of a chess.com speed championship format.

From this link:
https://www.chess.com/article/view/2019-speed-chess-championship

Each 2019 Speed Chess Championship match will feature 90 minutes of 5/1 blitz, 60 minutes of 3/1 blitz, and 30 minutes of 1/1 bullet chess.

WingchessRyan
WingchessRyan wrote:
llamonade2 wrote:
KibiDangoman wrote:

I am already predicting that he will RUN.

He will say this weekend and then next week monday etc...

Like a little B that owes money to a loan shark he will always have excuses.

Because he is SCARED for his life.

Well, since you're so excited to play me, maybe you'll be the first person to actually accept my challenge of a chess.com speed championship format.

From this link:
https://www.chess.com/article/view/2019-speed-chess-championship

Each 2019 Speed Chess Championship match will feature 90 minutes of 5/1 blitz, 60 minutes of 3/1 blitz, and 30 minutes of 1/1 bullet chess.