Forums

Your own style

Sort:
armond_sr

Help me with this one

MDWallace

What exactly do you want help with?

Ryan390

Your going to atcually have to ask the question before you can expect an answer.Wink

armond_sr
Sorry I suck at starters so I need help so can you please help me show it!!!!!
goldendog

What's the question?

TheCabal

Ubisoft Chessmaster 12 "The Art of Learning" Josh Waitzkin's tutorial from his book. Do the long interactive tutorials @Chessmaster 12 and you won't have any problems I swear :)

Ryan390
TheCabal wrote:

Ubisoft Chessmaster 12 "The Art of Learning" Josh Waitzkin's tutorial from his book. Do the long interactive tutorials @Chessmaster 12 and you won't have any problems I swear :)

I'll second that! The academy lessons are excellent, and taught me everything I know so far.

corpsporc

One's own style seems to be forced to follow from the moves which come to the mind, right?

armond_sr

I understand

Undecided

Ryan390

A lot of garbage gets talked on here armond_sr, unfortunately. Undecided

IpswichMatt
Ryan390 wrote:
TheCabal wrote:

I'll second that! The academy lessons are excellent, and taught me everything I know so far.

Ryan, Cabal - I have Chessmaster 10 - are the Chessmaster 12 tutorials different to those in CM10?

NimzoRoy

Pay attention to Estragon!

Read one of the following books if possible:

Logical Chess Move by Move or The Most Instructive Games of Chess Ever Played both by Irving Chernev

Study endgames! http://blog.chess.com/NimzoRoy/endgame-faqs

TheCabal

@IpswichMatt

The academy section of Chessmaster 11 (there is no 12, made a mistake!) looks like this:

• Josh Waitzkin's Academy
  1. Introduction
  2. Arsenal
  3. Strategy
  4. The Art of Learning (New) (which are only voice&text-commented games by Waitzkin through different stages in his chess carreer)
  5. Endgame Course
  6. Psychology of Competition
  7. Annotated Games
  • Larry Christiansen Attacking Chess
  1. Attacking Chess
  2. Christiansen vs. Chessmaster
  • Chessmaster Series
  1. Beginning (Tutorials, Drills)
  2. Intermediate (Tutorials, Drills, Larry Evan's Endgame Quiz, Rating Exam)
  3. Advanced (Match the Masters, Drills, Nunn's Puzzles)

Hope I could help!

@Nimzoroy

Logical Chess Move by Move and/or The Most Instructive Games of Chess Every Played (by Irving Chernev) are one the most recommended books here on chess.com, of which Logical Chess Move by Move should be read first.

IpswichMatt

Thanks Cabal, that's answered my question.

armond_sr
Ryan390 wrote:

A lot of garbage gets talked on here armond_sr, unfortunately. 

I think i agree                           Wink