Forums

How to post a game using a PGN file [A step by step guide for Chess.com dummies]

Sort:
BadGambit

Hi everyone, I thought I'd try my hand at making an easy guide to posting your chess games on chess.com using a PGN file, so here goes:

• Firstly, you will need a PGN of your game. Portable Game Notation (PGN) is a computer-processable format for recording chess games. Every game we have played on chess.com has been saved using the PGN format and it is this code that we need when making diagrams of our games. To obtain a PGN of your game you need to select the game that you want from your game history and follow the intructions below:
  • Now you have your PGN saved to your computers memory (or clip board) you are now ready for the next stage, posting your game to a chess.com forum. Go to the forum of your choice, scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says 'Post your reply' and follow the next few steps:

kco

Well done, nice step by step guide.

BadGambit

I'm glad it's appreciated, thank you.

BadGambit

What does WABI mean?

CrecyWar

Step number one doesn't work for me, I don't get the DownLoad Box??? whats up with that?

BadGambit
What browser are you using?
chesslete

Best guide you can get thanks

CGROSS

the download won't show file is not supported 

chesslete

Best guide you can get thanks

hreedwork

Thank you!!

xqsme

Many thanks also !!

TheKnightsWhoSayNi

Great instructional, I've just posted my first game.  Thanks.

BadGambit
Thanks I'm glad it helped.
rmreport

Great instructions. Well done!!

galaksi

fantastic ,well done Smile

kco

*Bump* because this is an excellent article for the newbies.

sixtyfoursquares

I am a chess dummy! This article is of great help to me; thanks!

Now my question is; can I "bookmark" this article; for future reference in any way? How do I do it? Is there a facility in Chess.com?

Any one can help?

BadGambit

Dude, just click CTRL+D together and save the page in your browser booksmarks.

baddogno

"Bump" (and now that I've posted I'll be able to find this easier).

kco

*Bump*