Forums

Abuse

Sort:
KingsBishopFour

Member Conduct

You agree to not use the Service to:

• upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;

It's becoming all too common for members to randomly abuse other members after a game.

Personally I think the players that do that should be banned for violating the T&Cs. What do other people think?

AlCzervik

Removal of offenders happens often. If you have an issue with specific members scroll down and click on Help and Support.

adamplenty

http://support.chess.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/122/0/what-should-i-do-when-another-member-makes-rude-or-abusive-comments-towards-me

I think we should just follow what it says here.

learningthemoves

Yep. Someone said some disrespectful and abusive things to me in a chat window during a game. So I just took a screenshot and sent it in to support and they were banned. The system works. :-)

KingsBishopFour

I suppose the topic could be seen as a bit of a flame magnet, but that's not my intention. I disagree with xGrendel though.

I don't think I should suck it up. I think chess.com should cultivate a friendly, respectful atmosphere. If I ran the site I would issue a single warning & ban people for a second reported offense.

I'm interested in learning how strict chess.com is with sanctioning this type of behaviour and whether 'the membership' think there should be a zero tolerance type purge. I joined the site 2 years ago and things were much better then... 

xGRENDEL

[EDIT]

Nevermind

Continue with your quest

KingsBishopFour

Can't you just put the melted cheese in the fridge?

wizard100947

Those who resort to foul words simply lack the intelligence to communicate . consider the source!!!!

OldHastonian
billycan wrote:

then I respond with good old fashioned British sarcasm.  Something like "thats a good one, how long did it take you to think of that".

If that's a good example of "British" sarcasm, then I'm a Dutchman.

chasm1995

It's only the imbicils and nincompoops that do things like that.  Maybe they think they're being intelligent or something else as misguided.  It's only them and those as idiotic or more idiotic than them that do it.  How people speak to others reflects upon themselves and if it consoles any of you, by not stooping down to their level makes you the better person.

AlCzervik

Haha! brains62 appears to have joined only to tell us what he thinks of us all...then closes account!

adamplenty

Maybe he was banned?

AlCzervik

Usually that deletes all your content.

adamplenty

Which is exactly what's happened?

AlCzervik

Including posts.

Planetchess

How to make a report on someone abusing the game.

learningthemoves
Planetchess wrote:

How to make a report on someone abusing the game.

Just scroll to the bottom and click the Help & Support link. It will lead you to a brief form you can fill to submit the details along with guidance on the page for determining the best course of action.

Planetchess

learningthemoves, thanks for your kind information. Cool