Forums

Account gets bloced to play

Sort:
aroan

When I play the game in live chess, in between the game, gets disconnected and the board and pieces not accesible to move and by the time gets connected back the game lost by time, as I play 5/0 Blitz. Now over and above this irritation, I get message now saying the account is blocked as I did not play fair play and making my opponent to wait. I was all along thinking it is server problem in disconnecting in between and I lost many games on time due to disconnection. I do not know where to complaint and get resolve both the issues. My game points dropped drastically from 480+ to below 1200 as I lost many games on time. Now in addition panalized by server saying I did not play fair play as if I had disconnected intentionally.

Doggy_Style

Fill in the form:

http://support.chess.com/Tickets/Submit

aroan

When I click to new game the following message comes:

"Your play is restricted because you have not followed our Fair Play Policy - which prohibits stalling, abandoning games or frequently aborting. You must now wait 5 minutes between games. This restriction will be lifted automatically after a few days, or after you play several fair games"

But I don't abandon game intentionally, the disconnecting happens just after 2 or 3 min play. At that time I can not see the board or pieces. I though it is server problem now I understand it is bug or somethng else

Doggy_Style

I think that the rule here is as follows:

You are responsible for your own connection. Lost connections, whether by accident or design, will count against you.

ilikeflags

you're naughty.

Doggy_Style
ilikeflags wrote:

you're naughty.

Did you say that with an English, American or German accent?

ilikeflags

it has to be english.  

aroan

Now even when my opponent does not respond, the server abort the game and I have to wait another 5 min to start new game.

GAME ABORTED - marmorealqueen vs. aroan - Game has been aborted by the server

Why I should get penalty for which I am not at fault

marmot84

aroan, your internet connection is bad.  chess.com can't help that.  Strenthen your internet connection and petition for reinstatement.  Best of luck.

Doggy_Style
aroan wrote:

Now even when my opponent does not respond, the server abort the game and I have to wait another 5 min to start new game.

GAME ABORTED - marmorealqueen vs. aroan - Game has been aborted by the server

Why I should get penalty for which I am not at fault

I guess that's the punishment part.

Can you improve your connection?

Turn off background activities.

Cleanse hard drive of clutter.

Defragment hard drive (if HDD not SDD).

Change wireless for wired connection.

etc.

aroan

It was typing mistake. Supposed to be blocked. K missed

ilikeflags
aroan wrote:

It was typing mistake. Supposed to be blocked. K missed

german accent for sure

latvianlover

I switched to google chrome and haven't had any problems since then. Except, apparently, I don't know how to disable boldface type.

ilikeflags

i don't think giving him a hard time is a good idea.

Doggy_Style
ilikeflags wrote:

Poacher turned gamekeeper. Laughing

ilikeflags
Doggy_Style wrote:
ilikeflags wrote:

Poacher turned goalkeeper.

at this point i'd take either.

aroan

cartmankyle

All things happen for a reason. Did I ever tell you about the time I saw a turkey? It was a very majestic bird. I attempted to catch it, but it lead me into the Turkey Kingdom where I was captured by the Turkey Republican Guard. I then had a dance off with the King of the Turkey Kingdom to win my freedom.It was an epic battle. In the end, the gobbles were all for me. I left a changed man that day. Freer of any burdens I had taken upon myself.

I was the turkey champion.

Doggy_Style
[COMMENT DELETED]
ilikeflags

well that was racist.