Forums

Android App, excessive notifications

Sort:
ZorbaTGeek

I've had to turn off notifications in the new Android app. Now instead of "It's your turn" we are getting individual notifications for each active game. I've only got 5 games running and it's annoying. I dread to think what it'll be like when the 20th tourney begins.

Could we have the option to only get one like we do for emails please?

pat5150

Im liking the new upgrade less and less....for every game that is ready for me i get a notification. Now i have little green pawns across the top of my phone.

CarlosLerin

Yes, I am agree. No more than one notification is needed.

Another annoying issue is the sound added to the notifications. It is repeating again and again until you move. And cannot be silenced by disable sounds settings. I have to disable notifications to avoid the sound, even if the mobile is mute.

kdonnelly007

Agreed.  Not being able to turn off the sound on the notifications is a dealbreaker, I've had to completely turn off the notifications as well.

ykphuah

Please have another option for Notification Sound! I want the notification, but do not want the app to keep playing the sound when I am sleeping!

kohai

The sound issue and the icon notification issue are being fixed.

pat5150

Just did an update 5 minutes ago. I now get more notifications! And at times I get a notification that just says (0). Then when i check, no move has been made!!!

Bredal

I have the "Your turn" notification and I'm not playing any games...

This is REALLY annoying... I think the notification shows when there's an open game i can join...but i dont want to be notified.

kohai

When you get icon notifications, are you using those to go to the game or ignoring them and going straight for the login on the app then to the game that way?

pat5150

Ive tried it both ways. When the notification icon shows up, ive accessed the game that way. Again, it says it's your move (0). I also sometimes open the app via the normal icon. It remembers me so i rarely sign in. Another issue i have is if i use computer analysis all the way to checkmate, it gives me all the end game options and advises me i have won.

kohai

Ok thank you. I've reported it to the dev team now.

Annetje2012

Indeed, every 5 minutes I get a message "your turn", but it is not. So I disable the notifications in the menu. And every now and then I look at the old fashioned way: is it my turn?

I hope soon there will be some repair on this .....

aidin299

Android apps are worst and weakest out there. Buy a retina ipad and install some strong and nice chess apps on it!

Whybird

I keep on getting a notification icon saying "It's your move (0)" too. It started around about the time of the upgrade, and I'm still getting it now even after the game I was playing ended. It persists even if I uninstall and reinstall the app.

kohai

Can you please check you're using version 2.0.71 (not 2.0.7)

Annetje2012

I had the same problem as Whybird. After last update (now version 2.0.72) I don't receive any notifications anymore. Yes, I enabled the function notifications again, but I don't receive any. 

kohai
Annetje2012 wrote:

I had the same problem as Whybird. After last update (now version 2.0.72) I don't receive any notifications anymore. Yes, I enabled the function notifications again, but I don't receive any. 

So you're saying its gone from giving too many notifications to now giving none at all ?

pat5150

mine has gone from too many notifications to back to normal.  i only have one game at this time but the last day or so it has giving me my notification.   

kohai

Yeah, we added 2.0.72 to fix that :)

Annetje2012

Everything is back to normal again; the way it should be. Me happy again.