Forums

Android app problems

Sort:
AxelGuardado

I have the android chess.com app. When i press create challenge on a live game, nothing happens. can i have some help please?

opticRED

and I thought I was the only one having the same problem.

Aside from the above mentioned problem

Since my last update, I noted that pieces are suddenly "disappearing" or "misplaced" on my online games.

Did I do something wrong? or I wished  should have never updated the chess.com app in the first place.

please help..

kohai
axelmon wrote:

I have the android chess.com app. When i press create challenge on a live game, nothing happens. can i have some help please?

After you create, the system issus the challenge then waits for someone to accept it

kohai
opticnerve wrote:

and I thought I was the only one having the same problem.

Aside from the above mentioned problem

Since my last update, I noted that pieces are suddenly "disappearing" or "misplaced" on my online games.

Did I do something wrong? or I wished  should have never updated the chess.com app in the first place.

please help..

Which device and app version are you using and is this on turn based online or live chess?

opticRED

I am using samsung tablet 10.1 GT-P5100, Android Version 4.0.3.

The "disappearing" or "misplaced" pieces was encountered on turn based online, especially upon opening the app, then I get a notification "your turn" on the other games, the pieces/ pawns on my current game suddenly disappeared, misplaced or changed colors.

On the live game problem mentioned above, I think its fine now. Maybe its the system as you had mentioned.

carlosmael

Yesterday I tried to play using my smartphone but for any reason appear an error that said " you are on vacation" but I lost many games, what can I do?

AxelGuardado
kohai wrote:
axelmon wrote:

After you create, the system issus the challenge then waits for someone to accept it

Yes, but i don't get any message like "challenge created" or anything!

I press the button then..... nothing.

opticRED

I should have never updated if I knew this problem would appear on my tablet

upon logging to chess.com, I clicked on my first opponent

here's how the board looks like

5 seconds later........ my board will appear like this. (some of the pieces are missing and it is very irritating and it disrupts my thinking)

same device, same android version, same problem as of today and still wondering if this problem will be fixed on the next update

Scraggend

Was really looking forward to using a new Galaxy Note 2 to play - because it has a screen big enough to see really clearly.  I downloaded the android app 3 days ago (noticing apprehensively the multiple bad reviews on GooglePlay) and it won't work properly:  takes over a minute to respond to a 'create challenge' with no indication anything is happening, sometimes won't creat a challenge at all but won't indicate there's a problem, keeps dropping the connection even when the signal is strong (doesn't happen with other apps on the phone that use wireless) and doesn't update my rating score after a game.  Never had problems with the app on my old iphone, apart from the size.  Disappointed.

kohai

Opticnerve

You said "5 seconds later........ my board will appear like this"

Did you stay on the board or return to Home then back to the game?

Which device and OS specs are you using?

Which app version is it?

Was it on wifi or mobile?

opticRED

@ kohai

everytime there is a notification "your turn", the board suddenly changes. I did stated on the board but nothing happened. I returned to home then back to the game, but everytime there's a notification "your turn", again, there board would suddenly change (pieces missing, additional pieces, misplaced pieces /markers or red squares of previous move). I tried refreshing but everytime there's a notification of "your turn", the problem recurs. 

I am using samsung tablet 10.1 GT-P5100, Android Version 4.0.3. I am using wifi. regarding on the app version, I'll get back to you on that. I haven't checked that one

opticRED

I think my problem became much worse. Again, I would like to show you the diagram or how to board really looked like

but after the alert notification "your turn" again, my board will look like this

some pawns are missing, the queens are missing. It seems the root of all problems is the "notification". If I turn it off, I will be missing a lot of important emails and messages that needs to be answered right away; so this is NOT an option for me.

What bothers me most, if I hit "refresh", it doesn't revert to the original board position!!!!!!????

this is the app info of chess.com. I hope you could a solution to this