Forums

Board size differences live chess basic and premium

Sort:
ziggurat

There are differences in board size between simple live and "new" live chess using the same configuration. I think the reason is the chat input field below the board.

SirakD

Thats why im only using the Basicversion, pls fix it! ;-)

ziggurat

Possible solutions:

• Allow to place the chat input in other place.
  • Allow to resize the chat input.
  • Allow to hide the chat input.

My thoughts: wide displays are getting more popular than 4:3 displays so I think you should take advantage of that and try to stack horizontaly and not place several thing vertically (or at least allow the user to choose).

Please let me know if I can help with something to improve this.

Regards.

ziggurat
SirakD wrote:

Thats why im only using the Basicversion, pls fix it! ;-)

I reported this a while ago and then did not provide more info. Trying to collect all information possible to help. You may add a comment here if you want:

http://support.chess.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=viewticket&ticketid=163581

Regards.

Manuel.

erik

that is odd. i use the premium and don't have that problem. 

when you resize your board, does it not take up vertical space?

pbrocoum

I'm having this problem as well, so now I have to play my live chess elsewhere. Even set on "gigantic", the board is way too small to play on. I reported this before: http://www.chess.com/forum/view/livechess/board-too-small

I'm using Firefox on MacOS X.

ChessMarkstheSpot

Same thing here. I had it set on Gigantor and nothing changed. Using the current version of Firefox

ziggurat

Erik,

when I resize the chat input wont resize vertically so the board can't grow vertically. Will try to test in different browsers. I am currently using chrome in windows (latptop 15'' display).

erik

so frustrating. ok - investigating...

ChessMarkstheSpot

Erik, I just found a way to fix mine. I hit F11 on my laptop and it took away the top borders on my screen. The board size is fine now  Cool

-Mark

shadowc

I need to know if ALL of you guys who are having this problem are using Macs. Thank you.

Musikamole

The new board is currently too small to play on. I can't find a way to stretch the board vertically. It only takes up a very small portion of my screen.

I have a PC Dell Laptop using Vista/Firefox and have yet to figure out how to make the new chessboard as large as the old one. I tried gigantic, but nothing happened. Also, the new interface takes up a lot of space for chat and search. Is there a video tutorial on how to use this new Live Chess interface? If not, please make one. Thank you.

Besides gigantic, are there other buttons I can try clicking on to resize the board?

I was able to slide the chat and search all the way to the left, but the board does not get bigger.

Last, I can't find a way to stretch the board vertically. The board is still too small, much smaller than the old (basic version) one.

The board over at ICC fills my screen. It's big, crisp, with great contrast. The chess pieces move faster.

The chess.com staff that play on the ICC server should ask the web person here to make the chess.com board look more like the ICC board. I'm sorry to say, but the ICC board is much better than chess.com's basic board.

Musikamole
ChessMarkstheSpot wrote:

Erik, I just found a way to fix mine. I hit F11 on my laptop and it took away the top borders on my screen. The board size is fine now 

-Mark

I just hit F11 but nothing happened. Then I held down the Fn key on my Dell and then hit F11 and the board got much bigger.

It does strip the borders. So, is this how the new interface is designed? You need to strip the border to make the chess board bigger, or is there something I am missing. Thanks.

ChessMarkstheSpot

I don't mind the borders as much being gone, as long as the board size is fine Cool

-Mark

ziggurat
shadowc wrote:

I need to know if ALL of you guys who are having this problem are using Macs. Thank you.

Nop, using windows 7 here in my laptop.

Musikamole

I really like Fn - F11. It does a lot of cool stuff. The board fills my entire screen, if I want it to. Cool

ChessMarkstheSpot

DELL/Windows XP/Firefox here

shadowc

I think we can find a way to make the boards take more of the free space in your screen. Please, be patient, we're working on it :)

If any of you knows how to find out your screen resolution, that would also help. Usually, in Vista/7, right-click on the Desktop, choose "Screen Resolution" and you'll get the info.

Thank you!

ziggurat

Screen resolution in laptop (windows 7) small board: 1366x768 (1.77)

Screen resolution in desktop (22'' monitor) board in new live chess have a good size there: 1680x1050 (1.6)

erik
Problem found! Fix coming...