Forums

board won't show in email chess

Sort:
Lord-Chaos

big problem =P

scottwm
shadowc wrote:

Please, try to load the following URL into the browser directly and capture a screenshot of what you see. That would help us.

http://cdn-cssjs.chesscomfiles.com/js/chess2/bundled/ChessViewer.v118.js

it seems that a lot of you people are blocking this file. We still don't know the reason, but we're working on it.

thanks that ended up being my problem  Smile

Apparently our cooperate SmartFilter thinks it is malicious, so no more making chess moves on break at work.

scottwm
[COMMENT DELETED]
fionn5

Hi,

i've been having the problem for 2 days now that I can't see the pieces on the board.  I tried clearing the cookies, cache, and history, and doing CTRL+F5, but it didn't work.

doing CTRL+R didn't work.

also, i filed a ticket, here is the number = #118361.

here is the info of my browser:

1) what browser/version are you using?   (IE, 6.0)

2) SessionCookies? = true or false    (TRUE)

3) JavaScriptEnabled? = true or false  (TRUE)

4) Firewall? = true or false   (FALSE)

5) Width/height = (numbers)    (1400/1050)

6) Broadband? = true or false    (TRUE)

7) Platform (OS) = (win, mac, etc)   (WinXP)

Thanks, fionn5

erik

what happens when you look at this link:

http://cdn-cssjs.chesscomfiles.com/js/chess2/bundled/ChessViewer.v118.js

?
fionn5

It turns out that my browser is blocking this site:

I will try accessing the site when home and not logged into work - usually at home i am logged into work, and before a couple days ago it wasn't an issue.

If you can figure out what changed, it would be nice.

fionn5

Thanks Eric,  I'll check tonight when get home - maybe it will work when i'm not logged into work.

fionn5

Wanted to give an update - I can see the pieces as long as I'm not logged in to work - I guess no more playing or viewing games at work or when logged into work from home ...

erik

that is weird. very weird. do you know someone in IT who you can talk to about that?

pdmura

Like others, this is only a problem when I am connected to my company's network.  The same computer connected from home (and not through work) works fine.   I have confirmed that our IT department rolled out a new set of security settings and an updated software version.  The information they will let me know I sent to shadowc by email already. 

So, I don't think anything changed at chess.com.  Instead, I think many of our companies loaded an update that is blocking the pieces from down loading.  I just noticed that the move notation is not downloaded either.  I hope this helps!  I sure miss the site on work breaks.

erik
pdmura wrote:

Like others, this is only a problem when I am connected to my company's network.  The same computer connected from home (and not through work) works fine.   I have confirmed that our IT department rolled out a new set of security settings and an updated software version.  The information they will let me know I sent to shadowc by email already. 

So, I don't think anything changed at chess.com.  Instead, I think many of our companies loaded an update that is blocking the pieces from down loading.  I just noticed that the move notation is not downloaded either.  I hope this helps!  I sure miss the site on work breaks.

if you could let us know which IT software they use, that would be really really really helpful!

scottwm

The company I work for uses McAfee Smart Filter which blocks the pieces from loading saying that it is a malious site (if I try to directly visit that site via the link provided. Unlucky me had my home laptop have an issue that required me to send it in for service, so I have no access atm. So I just bit it and resigned all games on my move.

pdmura
erik wrote:
pdmura wrote:

if you could let us know which IT software they use, that would be really really really helpful!

Erik, shadowc has the info already.  Do you want me to look it up and post it here too?

erik

no, i'm on it!

TheGrobe

I have the same issue at work since rolling out WebWasher.

It's for the best.

erik

can anyone who's work computer was blocking the pieces from loading please let me know if it has been fixed?

TheGrobe

Still not working for me:

erik
TheGrobe wrote:

keep trying over the next few days. i had word from mcafee that it has been fixed.

TheGrobe

Will do, and I will let you know -- thanks Erik.

Now I'll have to rely on my willpower again....

pdmura
erik wrote:
TheGrobe wrote:

keep trying over the next few days. i had word from mcafee that it has been fixed.

Erik, it works for me!  YEA!  Great job getting that addressed!

(The downside is that now I have to use self restraint to work instead of play chess all day.  Tongue out)