Forums

board won't show in email chess

Sort:
Katarina_nev
erik wrote:

When I started this, my Firefox writes: "Firefox cant find a server www.cdn-cssjs.chesscomfiles.com".

After Ctrl+F5 Firefox writes: "Reading s7.addthis.com" and freeze.

I have: 1) Mozilla Firefox
            2) SessionCookies? = true
            3) JavaScriptEnabled? = true
            4) Firewall? = false
            5) Width/height = 1280 X 800
            6) Broadband? = false
            7) Platform = VISTA

I have tried to play in Opera, but it writes: JavaScript - http://www.chess.com Timeout thread: delay 4000 ms; http://s7.addthis.com/static/r07/widget13.css Linked-in stylesheet word-wrap is an unknown property (Line 1) and Linked-in stylesheet overflow-y is an unknown property (Line 1)...

Please, help me...

TheGrobe

This is now fixed for me on the game screen itself but the forum diagrams still won't load.

TheGrobe

I only see "Loading..." and the spinning logo for forum diagrams from my work computer and they never do load -- everything works properly at home.  I think this is related, and while the game boards themselves are now working for me the forum diagrams still do not.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

TheGrobe

I'll double-check tomorrow morning from the office, but this looks to have been resolved (as I was previously experiencing the same when I had a remote connection open and I am now able to see the boards).

Thanks for responding so quickly Erik.

Meeb077

This problem is appearing now for me.  McAfee Webwasher...any new updates they provide that causes this?  Anyone else having this problem?

TheGrobe
TheGrobe wrote:

I'll double-check tomorrow morning from the office, but this looks to have been resolved (as I was previously experiencing the same when I had a remote connection open and I am now able to see the boards).

This issue's back for me. 

rjojeda33

I was able to play fine yesterday....and today my chess pieces are not loading.  This is the error I'm getting when I double click on the little icon at the bottom left of my IE window (Yellow triangle with Ex. point):

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.2)
Timestamp: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 20:38:52 UTC

Line: 1
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://cssjs.chesscomfiles.com/js/chess2/bundled/ChessViewer.v224.js

Line: 382
Char: 5
Code: 0
URI: http://www.chess.com/echess/game.html?id=31031193

TheGrobe
TheGrobe wrote:
TheGrobe wrote:

This issue's back for me. 

Fixed.  My issue is a problem with the McAffee Gateway at my office thinking some of the scripts here are harmful.  Thanks Erik for working with McAffee to get this resovled.

arthurdavidbert

My men don't show on the board in email chess.

kohai

Try this page

arthurdavidbert

I tried all the things suggested with no good result. I Clicked on Tools or Page and Clicked on Compatibility View and the men came back. But I have to do it every time.Cool I hope to install Windows 7 Monday. Maybe that will clear things up. Then again maybe I'll just have some more interesting problems to work on. LOL..............

arthurdavidbert
arthurdavidbert wrote:

I tried all the things suggested with no good result. I Clicked on Tools or Page and Clicked on Compatibility View and the men came back. But I have to do it every time. I hope to install Windows 7 Monday. Maybe that will clear things up. Then again maybe I'll just have some more interesting problems to work on. LOL..............

I upgraded to Windows 7 and I have chess men in the right places,Cool

AlanGrant

I've been having the same problem of no pieces appearing when using O2 mobile internet.

I'm getting the error message:

Syntax error

ChessViewer.v257.js                  Line 889

Expected '}'

postMessageReceiver_v88_cim_9_4_6.php          Line 3

Code:0                                                            Char:1

URI:http://216.cim.meebo.com/cim/postMessageReceiver_v88_cim_9_4_6.php?n=chess

Ctrl + R doesn't make the pieces appear but Ctrl + f5 does

jinnobaby
hi.my problem is that i can't see the board on my screen.Im using opera mini with my samsung mobile phone
Terrancus

Hello Friends,

I read "no board in the email" on the forum. I never see or hear of that. However, it is not required to have baord in emails since I am deaf and blind, but not yet totally. I tend to write or read texts of moves and I touch chess set for blindness with my hands on my desk. playing chess games via emails with blindness chess players?

I can't see videos or chess board graphic on website that good. low vsion chess players may needed to option schemes on board and pieces in website. I did in Chess.Com and I tried everything, but not have avalable Chess.Com has. Chess.Com should have all schedmes for pieces and board both then I use speical device or program called Zoom Text that has optioned prefernce to contrast to Chess.Com's optional schemes. It may ehlp low vsion chess player. Full blind chess players use texts in emails.

new member,

terrancus

ZION-DAVID
erik wrote:

If you are having problems using the site, please run this test (http://www.cyscape.com/showbrow.aspx) and then answer these questions:

1) what browser/version are you using? 

2) SessionCookies? = true or false

3) JavaScriptEnabled? = true or false 

4) Firewall? = true or false 

5) Width/height = (numbers)

6) Broadband? = true or false 

7) Platform (OS) = (win, mac, etc)

That would REALLY help! :)

hello will the answers help with bullet chess problems as well ?

arthurdavidbert

some times I have chessmen and sometimes I don't. When I don't I do a "hard refresh"  (CTRL + F5) and they appear.

Kataphraktoi

Browser hawk now says javascript enabled=true but i still cant see the chessboards. Im on a laptop, my home computer runs this site fine. previously had problems getting java installed(found a great faq on a forum tho)

1) what browser/version are you using? Firefox 3.6.13

2) SessionCookies? = true or false  True

3) JavaScriptEnabled? = true or false True

4) Firewall? = true or false false

5) Width/height = (numbers) 800 Height, Width 1280

6) Broadband? = true or false True

7) Platform (OS) = (win, mac, etc) WinXP

RunawayKnight

A few minutes ago I started having problems.  If I try to access the game board I get the following:  MySqli Error: Table 'chess.track_game' doesn't exist

I use IE8 and the latest Firefox. 

Neither works!!

kohai

This has now been fixed, sorry about that