Forums

cannot accept challenge with Android app

Sort:
nferris

For the past couple of releases, I have not been able to accept any challenges using the Android app.  Instead, I have to log onto the chess.com website to accept the challenge.

In the Android app, I get to challenges by clicking "Play Online", selecting "Challenges".  I select the challenge I want to accept, which brings up a dialog box with the options "Accept" and "Decline".  I click on the "Accept" button and the dialog disappears, but the challenge remains.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

AaronTraas

I also can't accept challenges on the Android client, nor can I resign from games. 

I'm quite honestly considering leaving Chess.com -- it's been months and this hasn't been fixed. My friends that I play with are talking about the same. Between this and the audio ads, it's been a terrible user experience.

Socar

When I click on the challenges button I get a list of chanlenges, but there is no way to accept them.

pimpiepopmac

Same here

Balbec

idem for me

kohai

Which droid are you using? Which version is it?

Which app version is it?  You can find the app version by going into settings /applications /manage applications / chess.com
The version is on the top right corner.

Have you tried un-installing and re-installing?

Can you go into settings /applications /manage applications / chess.com

clear data and force stop, then un-install and go back onto the market place and re-install the app.

pimpiepopmac

Droid bionic. The most recent version of all of the above. It also crashes constantly. I wish I could have the old version back

kohai
pimpiepopmac wrote:

Droid bionic. The most recent version of all of the above. It also crashes constantly. I wish I could have the old version back

We've been adding several fixes over the past few days.

Can you go into settings /applications /manage applications / chess.com

clear data and force stop, then un-install and go back onto the market place and re-install the app.

If this doesn't fix it, please let me know

Monicker

I just had  a similar problem today.  I played a game fine, and then when my opponent challenged me afterwards, I hit accept and the board disappeared.  Xoom tablet running ICS.

I cleared the cache and data, uninstalled & reinstalled.  That did not resolve the problem.