Forums

Chess.com on mobile

Sort:
Julie000

hi guys , why is chess.com on mobile limited to online chess and tactic trainer, can't play live chess , i downloaded chess.com aplication on mobile (*apk) for android, anyone has same experience with this ???

jaclyn

Did you download the app from the Google Play store?

Inconnux

I have the Google play store app, is there a better one?

jaclyn

Nope.  The Google Play store is the most updated version of the app that you'll get.  We have an old version of the android app on the site for download, which is why I asked :) 

restinpeace

i can play live on "chess.com" app in my galaxy s3 but its not that stable. there are times that my connection will be lost and after reconnecting the game is over. its fun if you're after the online games but live.. imma stick to pc version.

jaclyn

@restinpeace- what type of connection are you using? Have you tried clearing the app data (from application settings on your device) to see if that helps at all with the connection?

Julie000

Laughing Thanks all, for your responds, yes i have 'samsung galaxy young' ,i visited Google play store, but when i want to download it ,it asked me for sign up, so my friend suggest me to find another standalone version (manual installation) then i found on another site then i installed it.. but it was limited Cry

*so the solution is i have to download the lastest version on Google play store ?? and i can play "live chess",even i'm a free user ???

Scottrf

Yes- the one in the Google play store has a live chess option.

kohai
Julie000 wrote:

Thanks all, for your responds, yes i have 'samsung galaxy young' ,i visited Google play store, but when i want to download it ,it asked me for sign up, so my friend suggest me to find another standalone version (manual installation) then i found on another site then i installed it.. but it was limited 

*so the solution is i have to download the lastest version on Google play store ?? and i can play "live chess",even i'm a free user ???

When Google Play asks you to sign up/sign in, its looking for a gmail address. If you do have a gmail address make sure you're logged into that and Google Play should then let you have access to the downloads on there.

Julie000

Okie-Okie Smile, i will try to sign up on google play store to get the most update version, n i'll report the result later...

*hi Scottrf, how r u , long time no see :D

Julie000
kohai wrote:
Julie000 wrote:

Thanks all, for your responds, yes i have 'samsung galaxy young' ,i visited Google play store, but when i want to download it ,it asked me for sign up, so my friend suggest me to find another standalone version (manual installation) then i found on another site then i installed it.. but it was limited 

When Google Play asks you to sign up/sign in, its looking for a gmail address. If you do have a gmail address make sure you're logged into that and Google Play should then let you have access to the downloads on there.

Thank u very much, start loving play chess on mobile coz all of my classmates playing using their phone , we play on break time , ok i'll try to sign up Smile 

Julie000

hey all i've using the lastest version, it's working perfectly !!!! THANKS ALL.....

anjaz17

better if via mobile phone like andoid can play tournament :)