Forums

Chess.com/tv not Working for me ...

Sort:
Kikyo_Sushi

Hi Chess.com,

Wld Anybody know why Chess.com/tv is not working for me ?

When I click on the Link ,

Chess.com TV - Live Broadcast!

"2012 Chess Olympiad - Round 9 w/ IM Rensch & GM Finegold!"

it shows this :

Now Playing: 2012 Chess Olympiad - Round 10 w/ FM Kavutskiy & The Poet!

( Time Schedules for Chess.com/tv )

.. but there's no Show on  !

It used to work before ( tho the 'Anand vs World/Chess.com' Show didn't work for me too ) but currently the normal Video Links are working for me ,like ' Analyse yr Games',etc ...

I tried with both the latest version of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox :  Google Chrome 21.0.1180.89m and Mozilla Firefox 15.0

Tnx So Much !

azziralc

I think the problem was the internet connection. I had watched the chess.com tv and I'm using Chrome.

dpruess

the entire tv viewer was missing from your page? maybe you dont have flash installed ?

Kikyo_Sushi

.. but my internet connection is ok atm ?

Math0t

I think the streaming is blocked in China, isn't it?

dpruess

well i talked to Danny, he said the broadcast went normally today, they had hundreds of people watching.

kohai

kikyo_sushi i edited your post as it goes so wide on here no-one viewing this can use the right side menu panel at all :(

Kikyo_Sushi
dpruess wrote:

the entire tv viewer was missing from your page? maybe you dont have flash installed ?

IM dpruess,I hv the latest Version of Flash installed :

Adobe Flash Player 11.4.402.265

I can watch Chess.com Videos without any problem.

Kikyo_Sushi
kohai wrote:

kikyo_sushi i edited your post as it goes so wide on here no-one viewing this can use the right side menu panel at all :(

Ok,Tnx,Kohai.

.. I juz copied n' pasted everything that showed up on the page that the Link brought me to .. It showed all the Time Schedules for Chess.com/tv but no Show was playing .

I reposted juz the Title .. It looks ok now.

Kikyo_Sushi
mathot wrote:

I think the streaming is blocked in China, isn't it?

I don't know whether it is or not but I don't think so coz it worked before .

Only you-tube is blocked.

kohai

what do you see if you go onto livestream.com ?

NimzoRoy

http://blog.chess.com/NimzoRoy/diagnosing-and-fixing-internet-problems

Kikyo_Sushi
kohai wrote:

U mean www.livestream.com ?

I tried many times but it says 'Problem loading Page' ,The Connection was reset while the page was loading ,etc ....

Kikyo_Sushi

Tnx for the Link,NimzoRoy !

Actually,I hv already cleared my cache earlier by running CCleaner n' done many of the steps mentioned in yr Forum Thread Post but my Chess.com/tv still can't work.

NimzoRoy

It won't work with a different browser? Is your Java up-to-date?

driv4r

Maybe try to use a foreign proxy server to find out if the video is blocked.

Kikyo_Sushi
NimzoRoy wrote:

It won't work with a different browser? Is your Java up-to-date?

I hv Java 7 Update 7 installed.

I tried with Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox already.

NimzoRoy

Sounds like you'll have to get the staff here to help out, hopefully they can help you fix this problem.

Kikyo_Sushi

Ok,Tnx NimzoRoy,I'll wait ...

philidorposition
Kikyo_Sushi wrote:
kohai wrote:

U mean www.livestream.com ?

I tried many times but it says 'Problem loading Page' ,The Connection was reset while the page was loading ,etc ....

Kikyo_Sushi, if that is the case, it is very likely that somehow you have banned the video service that chess.com tv is working together. This might because of several reasons. You might have a censored internet, for example because you have agreed with a safety filter package with your ISP, or your personal firewall or personal child safety filter software on your computer.

Are you trying to connect from work or school or a dormitory? There's a chance that they might have blocked that video service site chess.com is using.

Could you try opening www.ktunnel.com, and typing in http://new.livestream.com/ there to see if you can access it that way? If you can see a live stream this way, but cannot open the web page without any proxy, this could help us verify the problem.