games in progress

  • #1

    I have 22 current games going and only a few are unrated , and most of them tournament games, but under my games in progress section on online chess it says that I only have 8...... why...???

  • #2

    Sorry about that, it should read correctly now

  • #3

    me too got 15 current games but under my games in progress only showing 9

  • #4
    kco wrote:

    me too got 15 current games but under my games in progress only showing 9


    I have fixed yours now :)

  • #5

    thank you

  • #6

    Please fix mine as well, it says 4 but it's 10 more - the source of the error is probably a tournament, at one point the new games weren't picked up by the counter.

  • #7

    try  refresh it first

  • #8
    DrPhil wrote:

    Please fix mine as well, it says 4 but it's 10 more - the source of the error is probably a tournament, at one point the new games weren't picked up by the counter.


    Fixed yours now :)

  • #9

    mine shows 18 out of 24....

  • #10
    rooperi wrote:

    mine shows 18 out of 24....


    Yours is fixed now

  • #11
    kohai wrote:
    rooperi wrote:

    mine shows 18 out of 24....


    Yours is fixed now


    Thank you :)

  • #12

    Kohai you can't keep doing this all the time ! has this been reported to the tech. staff ? because I think there is a glitch in there and at the moment now I've got 14 games going but it said "15 games in progress" 

  • #13
    kco wrote:

    Kohai you can't keep doing this all the time ! has this been reported to the tech. staff ? because I think there is a glitch in there and at the moment now I've got 14 games going but it said "15 games in progress" 


    Yours are fixed now.

    Considering how many members there are on the site, i'm not actually having to do this for that many members :)

  • #14

    thanks kohai, yeah I know that there is so many member on this site.

  • #15

    Can you take a look at mine too please. My online games stats show 6 in progress when there are only 5 and my tournament stats show 1 tournament game in progress when there are none.

    Also, my full stats page shows:

    Tournament Games

    Total: 43
    Won: 24 (55.8%)
    Lost: 18 (41.9%)
    Drawn: 1 (2.3%)
    In Progress: 1

    which doesn't add up!

    The only thing I can think of is that in one of my tournament games (id=30375360) my opponent timed out without either of up making a move.

  • #16
    Phssthpok wrote:

    Can you take a look at mine too please. My online games stats show 6 in progress when there are only 5 and my tournament stats show 1 tournament game in progress when there are none.

    Also, my full stats page shows:

    Tournament Games

    Total: 43 Won: 24 (55.8%) Lost: 18 (41.9%) Drawn: 1 (2.3%) In Progress: 1

    which doesn't add up!

    The only thing I can think of is that in one of my tournament games (id=30375360) my opponent timed out without either of up making a move.


    Done

  • #17

    mine says 17, but it's 21...

    Is this some problem with just certain members, then?  Or are most people having this problem, and not noticing?

  • #18

    Mine is also wrong, and it was a search for the topic that brought me to this thread.  I don't care if you fix mine, because I can count my own games, but it was a nuisance to discover that the stat doesn't work reliably for my opponents, which is where I find the stat useful.  One of my opponents has 57 games going at the moment, and his summary table says he has 13 games in progress!

    In another thread someone says maybe the stat counts games from the same tournament as 1 game, but that doesn't work in my instance:  I'm playing 14 games, all from 4 different tournaments (no non-tourney games at the moment), and my "games in progress" value is listed as 10.  3 of my 14 active games are unrated, which also doesn't help explain the given listed of 10.

    It looks like there is something fundamentally wrong with the accounts system for that particular statistic that is not going to be rectified by correcting accounts one-by-one for only those who notice and report the discrepancy.  Even then, does their account stay fixed, or does it end up out of count again after they've added and finished/removed a few games from their current activity?

    I haven't bothered checking wins, losses, or any of the more complex percentages and records given.  Are there others that are nonsense too?  I like having access to the stats-- that was one of the features that drew me to the paid membership.

    --Cystem

  • #19
    jabekens wrote:

    mine says 17, but it's 21...

    Is this some problem with just certain members, then?  Or are most people having this problem, and not noticing?


    fixed yours now

  • #20
    Cystem_Phailure wrote:

    Mine is also wrong,

    --Cystem


    i've fixed yours now

Top
or Join

Online Now