I'm going to need some help and support, please?

  • #201

    I think you mean correted.

  • #202
    TheGrobe wrote:

    I'd prefer beer.

    You don't like Canadian beer, TheGrobe?

  • #203

    I like Canadian beer, but am a bit (OK, a lot) of a beer snob.

    Lagers are also typically a beer of last resort, and even then there are many that stack up above Molson.

  • #204

    Beer has actually become considered more sophisticated than in the past. Beer tastings are becoming more and more popular:)

  • #205

    Drink ales, you'll be happier.

  • #206
    trysts wrote:

    Beer has actually become considered more sophisticated than in the past.

    Fortunately, beer drinkers have not..

  • #207
    Cystem_Phailure wrote:
    trysts wrote:

    Beer has actually become considered more sophisticated than in the past.

    Fortunately, beer drinkers have not..

    Laughing

    It's the new world wine snobs who have pushed for more beer tastings. I generally like wine tastings with the foodies, but some of them put it on a little thick. They're more amusing after the tastingsLaughing

  • #208

    Are you sure?  I find that the two groups tend to be pretty distinct (though there is some overlap).  I like to distance myself from the wine snobs.

  • #209

    Yep. Some of the wine sales reps are big foodies, so they usually talk to me about what they're pushing lately and a lot of them are pushing beer. 

  • #210

    BTW: Does anybody know what happened to Andy Clifton?

    He hasn´t been online since 21.12.2013 - quite a pity because he is witty and unique, really an enrichment for chess.com ... Frown

  • #211

    I don't know what happened to him, Winnie_Pooh? He was Tonydal, then OmarCayenne, then finally AndyClifton. I don't know if he's here under a different name?

  • #212

    But his account hasn´t been closed. I hope he will come back!

  • #213
    TheGrobe wrote:

    I like Canadian beer, but am a bit (OK, a lot) of a beer snob.

    Lagers are also typically a beer of last resort, and even then there are many that stack up above Molson.i

    yy

     

     

    I had some Kokane (Ko ku knee) when I was in Canada. It was very good.

  • #214
    Winnie_Pooh wrote:

    BTW: Does anybody know what happened to Andy Clifton?

    He hasn´t been online since 21.12.2013 - quite a pity because he is witty and unique, really an enrichment for chess.com ... 

     

     

    "Old Hamburgerhead"  and I used to exchange insulting limericks in a group. Good times. He was very clever and funny, but he was constantly running afoul of forum thread policies by derailing them. He periodically becomes indignant and leaves the site.

Top
or Join

Online Now