Forums

Keyboard Commands

Sort:
Maxx_Dragon

It would extremely helpful if there were keyboard commands for those of us with disabilities which interfere with us using a mouse. Would it be possible to give us commands for at least the following functions: 

Analyze

Explore

Get PGN

Flip Board

Settings

Offer Draw

Resign?

fianchetto123

I don't have any such disabilities but I also would like keyboard commands, could the site look into this please? 

Dark_N_Stormy_Knight

My first program was MS DOS before the mouse was invented.  I love keyboard shortcuts.

And OCCASIONALLY, your mouse will break just when you need it the most!  Personal experience.  

NimzoRoy

Someone(s) should contact the staff directly via Help & Support with this suggestion. The more input, the more likely they are to take a suggestion seriously

Dark_N_Stormy_Knight

We ARE in Help and Support.  Is there another one somewhere?

stephen_33

Sounds a good idea - you can contact support using this link...

http://support.chess.com/Tickets/Submit

There's a category for suggestions !

Dark_N_Stormy_Knight

This one's on you Maxx.  maybe cut and paste the three requests too.

Maxx_Dragon

I went to the link provided by stephen_33 and copy-pasted my request there. Thanks to everyone who has commented on the subject. >:[

Dark_N_Stormy_Knight

I sent one too Maxx.  

Maxx_Dragon

@Dark   Thank you friend! Maybe a one-two punch will get their attention. :)

stephen_33

Best of luck with that    Smile

kohai

Staff are already aware of the suggestion as this isn't the only thread on this request :)

Maxx_Dragon
kohai wrote:

Staff are already aware of the suggestion as this isn't the only thread on this request :)

So here we are two years later and what has staff done about the problem?? 

Khallyx
Maxx_Dragon wrote:
kohai wrote:

So here we are two years later and what has staff done about the problem?? 

It's not a problem, it's a suggestion. Maybe with V3, who knows, it's a good idea.

Anyway, you have ways to control your mouse with your keyboard, I'd advise you try those.

cabavyras

Keybord shortcut for Flip board would be huge benefit.

Maxx_Dragon
cabavyras wrote:

Keybord shortcut for Flip board would be huge benefit.

Don't hold your breath. Smile