Forums

Lag on live chess (with Opera and Firefox)

Sort:
pindat1
[COMMENT DELETED]
pindat1
[COMMENT DELETED]
gabrielconroy

I encountered this recently and had to switch to Chrome to use Live Chess since it was unusable otherwise. Could be to do with a couple of extensions I'd installed (mainly blocking javascripts and cross-application tracking activity).

pindat1
[COMMENT DELETED]
gabrielconroy

Well, I'm guessing you've tried Chrome, right? It's lightning fast on live chess for me.

pindat1
[COMMENT DELETED]
NimzoRoy

http://blog.chess.com/NimzoRoy/diagnosing-and-fixing-internet-problems

pindat1
[COMMENT DELETED]
NimzoRoy

You're having problems with all browsers? Have you tried rebooting your router and modem? Checked all cables to make sure they're tight? And rebooted the PC when a problem shows up?

Sounds like the problems are at your end, can you log onto chess.com using another PC preferably one using your OS and see what happens?

pindat1
[COMMENT DELETED]
NimzoRoy

The cables are not a laughing matter when they're loose, because the device may still work - half-assed that is. And after my cable company gave me a new modem I hooked it up with a USB cable they provided, but the repairman told me the other cable they provided (ethernet cable i believe) is way better, and it is. So don't blow this issue off in the future. AND once in a blue moon the cable itself is shot and needs to be replaced.

I think you should just use Chrome for chess.com and get over it, but if you love troubleshooting PCs I guess it's OK. After awhile I get sick and GD tired of having to fix the PC instead of just using it, but maybe that's just me; well at least I know enuff to have only had to pay someone else to fix my PC twice in the last 20 yrs or so.

pindat1
[COMMENT DELETED]