Forums

Problems with Theme options

Sort:
glowstixx

Hi, I have noticed that there are curently multiple issues with the Theme options, for instance I can save a border color when I edit my theme but the color won't show on my profile. The color only shows when you are on the Theme options page. There are similar issues with a few of the other theme options as well.

jaclyn

We're still working on some issues with themes.  Sorry for the trouble!

glowstixx

No problem at all. Thank you for responding to my issue.

chessaddictress

I am having a terrible time with editing my themes for both my home page and a group I am admin for.  When I try to edit my profile theme, it gives me a blank page with "503 service unavailable."   Please acknowledge this post.  Thanks!

jaclyn

I've been able to replicate the issue. Does it happen when you try to create a new theme and edit that one as well?

chessaddictress

Yes, I just tried to edit my own new profile theme (which I just created a little while ago), and it said the same thing I mentioned above. :)

chessaddictress

Another member is also having the same problem, just so you know.

chessaddictress

Hahaha!  I've been having theme problems for awhile with regard to the background image.  It disappears sometimes, and then now, can't edit.

jaclyn

Thanks for the help guys! I'll get this reported to our developers. 

chessaddictress

Thanks, jac1yn! 

tim_supermonkey
chessaddictress wrote:

I am having a terrible time with editing my themes for both my home page and a group I am admin for.  When I try to edit my profile theme, it gives me a blank page with "503 service unavailable."   Please acknowledge this post.  Thanks!

Yes, me too!

glowstixx

I'm having trouble editing themes as well as creating new themes currently.

glowstixx

At this point im not even sure if chess.com is going to fix the themes issue.

chessaddictress

I think you can create an entirely new theme and that will work.  I did this myself.  Just be careful when you create it so you don't have to edit it. :/

chessaddictress

No, it is not a solution.  I just thought if anyone was urgent about changing their theme, this might be the temporary solution for them until this gets fixed.

jaclyn

Hi guys- We're still working on the themes issue.  I haven't heard any other news on the situation :( I'll let you know if I hear anything! Sorry again. 

Admiral_Kirk
[COMMENT DELETED]
glowstixx

There are still theme issues- I was trying out some different backgrounds on my themes and afterwards I went to upload the original background that I had this whole time but instead, it only uploads the various pictures that I was trying out. It will not or can not upload my original background though. 

acgnvtuberlover2805

metoo