Forums

said i abandoned game when i didnt

Sort:
emcemitch

i was playing when the game got interrupted and 5 minutes later when the game was reinstated, chess.com said i abandoned the game which i did not and in fact was in a winning position

LokiMundane

The server looks at inactivity. If it thinks a game has gone dormant it will cancel it. When you left for x amount of time it thought you abandonded the game.

Kansha

Hi emcemitch, once a player disconnects from the live server, it gives them 2 minutes to reconnect. If they fail to do so the game will be deemed abandoned.

ShashankAC

same thing happened to me ,i don't think there was inactivity for more than 5 sec

vaskoll

arnarpall
Shashankwins wrote:

same thing happened to me ,i don't think there was inactivity for more than 5 sec

I have lost about 7 of previus 10 games i playd couse of this. sometimes just few second after i move. Its getting very annoyng!

PoppyMcFireworks

"i abandoned the game which i did not and in fact was in a winning position"

I don't think that it's possible that you were in a winning position...This is Earth and not bizarro world...right?

Eatable7

lol

Eatable7
jab100 wrote:

It is possible to be in a winning position and lose the game by "abandonment". I had a mate in 1 and decided to wait to see if the guy would resign and he wouldn't but he won the game by abandonment. I didn't abandon anything. (l=LOL))