Forums

Screen Hard To Read...HELP

Sort:
Penstock

Please can someone help. Is it possible to change the chess.com colours at all, its all very dark, I have to highlight forum topics for example in order to read them. Thank You in advance. Penstock. 

kco

if is it very dark, have you tried the brightness on your computer ?

Penstock

Yes, To explain a little further, headings are blue, the main content is black, but its the grey background which makes it all appear dark and makes the site difficult to read. does everyone have the same colour settings, if so I carn't be the only one struggling.

kco

or just change the theme coloursetting, even better take a screenshot of your homepage so we can see what the problem is. 

Penstock

Do you mean change the colour settings on my computer or chess.com site, I have no problem with anything else on my computer or other web sites its just chess.com. Sorry I don't know how to provide a screen shot.

kco

you can change your theme  (at the chess.com) by going to Home- profile- theme then chose a theme or create one.

kohai
Penstock wrote:

Please can someone help. Is it possible to change the chess.com colours at all, its all very dark, I have to highlight forum topics for example in order to read them. Thank You in advance. Penstock. 

Which browser are you using? Is it internet explorer?

Noobyon
Penstock wrote:

Do you mean change the colour settings on my computer or chess.com site, I have no problem with anything else on my computer or other web sites its just chess.com. Sorry I don't know how to provide a screen shot.

If you are using Windows press Print Screen on your keyboard (it might be abbreviated to something like Prt Scr or Prn Sc or Print Sc etc). Then your screen will be saved to the operating systems clipboard. You can then paste it into any imaging software by opening the software and pressing Ctrl + V or Edit --> Paste. You can even do this with MS Paint (which is avialable on all Windows versions as far as I'm aware). Then you can save it as what ever you want (jpeg etc) and upload it here. (Using the insert an image button on the forum post box thing).

azziralc

What's the theme your using?

kco

he is using the "newspaper" theme atm 

Penstock

Solved, Thanks to all, theme changed as per suggestion by kco, thought I was going blind. Thank You again Smile 

azziralc

I also change my theme a while ago because what I used is pure black. Can't see the letters. :D

kco

no worries, seeing that you got diamond premium, you can create your own whatever you like.