Forums

Server Abort = Fair Play

Sort:
jjrudnicki

I keep getting warned that I may be in violation of fair play when the server aborts and kicks me out of play.  Anyone else have this issue?

SundayDomingo

maybe you didn't move.. that's why you get warned,,try to move after your opponent move or when you're white,,you have 15 - 20 secs to move,if not,,the server aborts it.. Then,the violation will give it to you because you didn't move,,

jjrudnicki

Thanks for the feedback players.  I think this is a bug.  If they boot me after their servers are mistaking bugs for fair play violations, that would be a rather heinous bummer.

kohai
jjrudnicki wrote:

I keep getting warned that I may be in violation of fair play when the server aborts and kicks me out of play.  Anyone else have this issue?

Fair Play Policy

On his or her turn, each player has 15-20 seconds to make their first move. If this does not happen, the game will be automatically aborted. This has a negative effect on the Fair-Play record of the player failing to move.

If you're restricted (kicked you out of play), it means you have to wait 5 minutes between each live chess game.

You will still be able to play games with friends or accept/create direct challenges, but you will not be able to create or accept open challenges until you play more games that follow the fair play policy.

BMo25

Knowing the 15-20 second rule. .My chess.com phone app frequently Auto aborts as soon as i make my first move. Dont matter if I'm blk or wht. It happens every time no matter what on my first live match after signing back in. Not that i would have Rediculous score by

BMo25

But this has cut my score in half at least. Plus having to wait 5 mins every time when its not my fualt sucks bad. (LG spectrum)

LaoTzuMindFu

It happend to me yesterday and I thought maybe the guy I was playing was somehow cheating.  He took forever to move, but as SOON as it was my turn, its like the server timed out for 30-50 seconds.  

REIS2

REIS2

I SEEM TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.  I START A NEW GAME AND THE SERVER ABORTS BEFORE I CAN MOVE (BLACK OR WHITE) IF WHITE I MOVE WITHIN 5 SECONDS.  WHEN BLACK IT JUST ABORTS AND GIVES ME THE 5 MINUTE WAITING PERIOD. I TRIED 7 DIFFERENT TIMES TODAY AND GOT THE 5 MUNUTE WAIT EVERY TIME.  I HAVE PLAYED SEVERAL HUNDRED GAMES AND ITS THE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS THIS PROBLEM HAS COME UP.

jjrudnicki

"On his or her turn, each player has 15-20 seconds to make their first move. If this does not happen, the game will be automatically aborted." - Staff

I have never experienced this.  I have waited over 5 minutes for a game to finally be timed out when a player failed to move.  This has happened many times actually.

REIS2

reis2

the system aborts my game even before the chess board and apponents name comes up.  what gives?  i can't even get a game to start.  its not me, i am ready to move as soon as the board will let me.  white or black

1068bobibu

it has happened to me too. how many fair games must someone play before the five minute rule is lifted?

REIS2

IT JUST HAPPENED TO ME AGAIN.I PRESS THE "START GAME" BUTTON; I HAVE ISSUED A CHALLENGE;  MY CHALLENGE IS ACCEPTED;  THE BOX BEGINS TO SPIN; THE GAME ABORTED SCHREEN COMES UP "ABORTED BY SERVER".  WHAT GIVES?  NOBODY HAS HAD A CHANCE TO MOVE. COME ON STAFF, FIX IT OR TELL ME WHAT I AM DOING WRONG. REIS2

Trapper4

Im lucky that i have a membership. Chess.com needs to get control of this fair play policy

ChessSponge

Maybe find a pattern?

Is everyone who is experiencing it aborting before the pieces have come up or even when they move their first move within 5 seconds using a mobile device to play?

REIS2

i do not use a mobile device, just my desktop.  the game usually aborts before i can even make a move.  if white i move when the pieces come up, less than a second.  if black i move as soon as white makes a move,  less than 2 or 3 seconds.  it aborts usually right when the pieces come up. reis2

Abhishek2

REIS2,

This has happened to me before too. Check you internet connection and refresh it.

EternalChess

Does fair play sever abort rule kicks in during tournaments?

PwnNinja

this happens to me too, i randomly black even out if im black and the person didnt go in literally 2 seconds and no one  aborts, and now i have to wait 5 minutes between games :[