x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Stockfish eval not generating: submitted issue a week ago

  • #1

    Hello chess.com support, or forum readers for support team,

     

    i submitted this this issue a week ago.  Don’t see anything in my email.  Acknowledgement, ticket number, etc.

     

    Operating system. iOS 11.2.2 on iPad Pro.  Software:  chrome or Safari for iOS.

     

    Stockfish will simply not spit out an eval.  Whether on analysis board, or embedded game that has analysis icon.  Won’t work on chrome or safari.  Can’t check it on the iOS app as it only offers analysis of completed games.  That feature does work.

     

    Thanks, 

    Mickey

  • #2
    MickeyDeadGuys wrote:

    Hello chess.com support, or forum readers for support team,

     

    i submitted this this issue a week ago.  Don’t see anything in my email.  Acknowledgement, ticket number, etc.

     

    Operating system. iOS 11.2.2 on iPad Pro.  Software:  chrome or Safari for iOS.

     

    Stockfish will simply not spit out an eval.  Whether on analysis board, or embedded game that has analysis icon.  Won’t work on chrome or safari.  Can’t check it on the iOS app as it only offers analysis of completed games.  That feature does work.

     

    Thanks, 

    Mickey

    I would send the email again. Sounds like they never got it.  (Not saying that's your fault.)

  • #3

    Funny thing is, I never seem to get an acknowledgement for any submitted issues.  They just fix them in 1 to 5 days or so.

  • #4
    MickeyDeadGuys wrote:

    Funny thing is, I never seem to get an acknowledgement for any submitted issues.  They just fix them in 1 to 5 days or so.

    Do you use the Contact form? https://support.chess.com/customer/portal/emails/new

    That's what generates the ticket.

  • #5

    There is another topic with the same issue.

     

    @erik just now posted an update saying there is a fix upcoming:

    https://www.chess.com/forum/view/general/stock-fish-isn-t-working-on-ios-seems-to-not-make-it-past-e4

  • #6
    notmtwain wrote:
    MickeyDeadGuys wrote:

    Funny thing is, I never seem to get an acknowledgement for any submitted issues.  They just fix them in 1 to 5 days or so.

    Do you use the Contact form? https://support.chess.com/customer/portal/emails/new

    That's what generates the ticket.

      I click help at the top and click report a bug.  It does a screenshot and you can type message and hit submit.  Where is this contact form link on the site?  I.e.  the link on a page or in a menu.

  • #7

    The Contact link is on the Help page.

  • #8

    When I click help there is a drop down menu, not a page.  Of the five options given, report a bug most applies.  In any case, there should just be a clear, easy link for reporting technical issues, and after submitting, the submitter should receive notification of acknowledgement by email or other method.   Anything less is bush league, frankly.  Maybe appropriate for a free service, however this is a for profit enterprise with some paying members.

  • #9

    Opening a ticket through https://support.chess.com/customer/portal/emails/new should give you an auto-generated e-mail and staff normally get back withing a couple of days letting you know they have forwarded the report on to the developers.

     

    The bug-report option in the menu, which submits the screenshot, does not give any feedback, though if staff has any questions about your report, they will contact you.

  • #10

    Hey Martin, did you happen to work for 24chess?  Your name seems familiar.

  • #11

    No, don't work for them.

Top

Online Now