Forums

usernames

Sort:
dadx

I keep accumulating extra usernames (I think because of mistypes when logging on) and I can't seem to get rid of them. Does anyone know how please?

Amelia

Hi dadx, I don't see any extra usernames connected to you from my end. Do you recall what any of these usernames are? Are you able to log in as them or are they just showing up in the name field when you try to log in?

Amelia

Thanks, Cogwheel, let's see what he says :)

dadx

Thanks for replies. They are just suggestions, not actual usernames, I can't log in with them, but they are agravating. They get in the way of the password box so I'd like to delete them, but they won't seem to go away.

Amelia

You might try clearing the cached files and cookies on your computer, perhaps that will help clear them out. 

dadx

Thanks Calamondin. Have tried that but they're still there. Not sure it worked though. I cleared tempory files and the computer obviously did something, it took a few seconds, but following the instructions for deleting cookies didn't seem to do anything.

Clues?:  I get a different set of 'usernames' if I login from the main web site 'Play Chess online...' than if I go straight to the login site.

I'm using Chrome but 'AVG secure search' has insinuated itself and now comes up as my home page.

Not sure any of this is relevant. Any further 'cookie' etc  advice would be welcome - otherwise I'll just put up with the problem....

Dutchday

Just completely destroy browser history, cookies included. There really should be no way it can still be there then. It has to be stored somewhere.

dadx

Thankyou Dutchday - have cleared browser history now but they are still there. I have a feeling they must be somehow stored at Chess.com as I get the different lists depending upon how I log in. Thanks for your help -  I think I'll just put up with it.

Dutchday

Sorry but it does work. You need to tick all the boxes, the ''auto adding for forms'' as well. (In chrome)

I have personally just done it and everything is gone!

dadx

Could you me how to do this please? I've used 'delete all' on the cookies/passwords/browsing history panel and the computer obviously did something, but the names are still there. I can't find the 'auto adding for forms' box you describe. I'm just not very good at this sort of thing! Also I've not found boxes to tick. The panel I've used only seems to allow one of the 'delete' boxes to be selected at a time. Thanks for your patience.

Dutchday
dadx schreef:

Could you me how to do this please? I've used 'delete all' on the cookies/passwords/browsing history panel and the computer obviously did something, but the names are still there. I can't find the 'auto adding for forms' box you describe. I'm just not very good at this sort of thing! Also I've not found boxes to tick. The panel I've used only seems to allow one of the 'delete' boxes to be selected at a time. Thanks for your patience.

Are you on chrome? If so:

You push the top right corner.

History

Delete all history

First Use and all 8 boxes

Delete all history.

If you are not on chrome:

Then I don't know. 

dadx

great, it's worked. Thanks

Dutchday

NP. 3 times is a charm. Or 3 strikes and you're out.