Forums

502 Bad Gateway errors today

Sort:
lllxlxlxlll

Anything wrong with live today? I'm getting 502 Bad Gateway errors, although the live homepage shows people online...just curious...

on FF3 btw.

ashiqmohammed
even for me i cant enter d  live chess
puulane
How i can leave this "club"?..............cant go to play...
TKisDApoop
just use this as a time to learn. read articles, view forums.. try tactics trainer and chess mentor. they will surly fix this problem.
Baseballfan

Im getting them as well, I can't get into live chess at all.

Patzer24
Yes, the Live Chess was experiencing some down time earlier but it should be fixed and you should be able to login now.
artfizz

The site was inaccessible for a few hours today. How widespread was the lockout?

gretch

yeah, I couldn't access the site at all for several hours this morning.

rosegaar

Just back online now, gone for most of the day.

Evil_Homer

I had a complete site lock out for about 3 hours today!

dontnoodle

Same with me... Even I got locked out for quite some time. I was really worriedFrown

Yitwail

I got them for about an half hour this morning from about... 6:50ish am to 7:20ish am. I am glad I can now access the site :)

pawnzischeme
artfizz wrote:

The site was inaccessible for a few hours today. How widespread was the lockout?

I could not get into site for 2-3 hours this morning.  Thought I might be banned for bad play contaminating the site.

egonj

i had the same problem..mm, was it maybe related to the google black out?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7907583.stm

ichabod801

I was locked out from 9-10 Eastern. Tried again at 11 and got in.

Lurc

I had many lost record because i've always disconnected in livechess while playing today T_T

Drecon

I'm just glad the site is back up.

erik

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/community/why-chesscom-down--the-end-of-the-internet

aadaam

I was scared

kco

yeah i said the same thing in the other forum and this is what I got from erik:

24th February 2009, 04:05pm#41
by kco
Perth Australia Member Since: Jun 2008
Member Points: 3435
well I couldn't get back into chess.com last night and I am keep getting this message "502 bad gateway" did you get the same message too? Does it mean anything ?

24th February 2009, 04:13pm
by erik
Mountain View, CA United States
Member Points: 7966

uh oh!! if it says 502 error then that means your computer will blowup in 502 hours!!!