x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

'another login has been detected'

  • #1

    there's this really annoying bug on chess.com where on live chess i get the message 'another login has been detected' randomly popping up on my screen, forcing me to refresh. this has made me lose many games, and i've changed my password so i know it's a problem with the site.

    does anyone get this too? chess.com needs to fix this...

  • #2

    It happens when you are in Live and have a session loaded in another tab or another device (such as the app). I've had it happen when I had a session on one computer open on Chrome, left for a while and opened another session to the site on a different device later. The session on the Chrome tab refreshed and caused it.

     

    I know there have been some code updates in the beta to work on that problem but have no idea if that has made into the general code or not. Ideally, all session refreshes would prompt to see if they are actively being used rather than resetting a connection. That would require updating apps as well as the web at the same time though.

  • #3

    it happens when i only have one window up on my computer...weird bug.

  • #4
    klimtkiller1 wrote:

    it happens when i only have one window up on my computer...weird bug.

     

    And no session that may have been left active on another device? Because everytime I have seen the issue it has been due to a session on another device (including the app) or tab on the same device.

  • #5
    Ain't a bug
  • #6

    it's a complete pain, i get it while watching chesstv and following the live game at the same time...

  • #7

    sure

  • #8

    It's not a bug.

  • #9

    so what, am I in charge?

    it's permitted apparently, allowed, who cares, I'm not the owner

  • #10

    You must physically log out after each session on every device/comp. Closing the site tab does not log you out (unlike many sites). This results in all these "complaints". Simply put, chess.com is able to keep tabs on your activities and assumes you are logged in twice.

  • #11
    ProfessorPownall wrote:

    You must physically log out after each session on every device/comp. Closing the site tab does not log you out (unlike many sites). This results in all these "complaints". Simply put, chess.com is able to keep tabs on your activities and assumes you are logged in twice.

     

    That is the safest method, though, being sure to close out all instances of Live is enough.

     

    Implementing a confirmation when another session is detected (confirmation on the session requesting access) would go a long way to solving most of the problems.

  • #12

    You're probably logged in somewhere else; this happened to me when I was logged in on both my phone and my laptop, it said the same thing. Just make sure one or the other is closed before beginning a game and you should be fine. The system is just trying to make sure you or someone else isn't trying to log into your account twice, so it isn't a bug, more of a safety measure.

  • #13

    klimtkiller1 wrote:

    there's this really annoying bug on chess.com where on live chess i get the message 'another login has been detected' randomly popping up on my screen, forcing me to refresh. this has made me lose many games, and i've changed my password so i know it's a problem with the site.

    does anyone get this too? chess.com needs to fix this...

    klimtkiller1 wrote: there's this really annoying bug on chess.com where on live chess i get the message 'another login has been detected' randomly popping up on my screen, forcing me to refresh. this has made me lose many games, and i've changed my password so i know it's a problem with the site.does anyone get this too? chess.com needs to fix this...
  • #14

    My experience is that it that message only ever comes up on days when the connection is so poor that one sporadically loses it, as unfortunately often happens with Chess.com.  Then when you at last get through to them again, they keep you out with one of two notices, either “Live Chess server is not currently available” or “Another login has been detected”, neither of which is true.   “Another login has been detected” is never true.  I have tried to get them to do something about this, but they just don’t care.   Professor Pownall’s solution is doubly a non-starter, both because it’s impossible to log out when the connection’s gone down, and because doing so would be treated by Chess.com as abandoning the game and the tournament, whereas one wants to get back in time to be able to finish both.  That was significantly oftener possible before the inauguration of the new site, approach to which seems to involve more layers of adblockers etc., every one of which causes a separate delay on a bad day (and one can be forced on long circular tours among them).

  • #15
    Martin_Stahl wrote:
    klimtkiller1 wrote:

    it happens when i only have one window up on my computer...weird bug.

     

    And no session that may have been left active on another device? Because everytime I have seen the issue it has been due to a session on another device (including the app) or tab on the same device.

    literally even if i dont have anything else up. the strange thing is that sometimes (and i know this from seeing my dad play on his account and im on his friends list) my account becomes active when im not even on my laptop, as if someone else has my details. i've tried changing my password but it doesnt help.

  • #16

    chess.com has no problem with payed members getting two accounts mods have stated as much they do not worry so you should not

  • #17
    Stephenson2 wrote:

    chess.com has no problem with payed members getting two accounts mods have stated as much they do not worry so you should not

    I don't believe it.

    Please provide a reference to the forum where a mod said that.

  • #18

    Someone else is using your account

  • #19
    notmtwain wrote:
    Stephenson2 wrote:

    chess.com has no problem with payed members getting two accounts mods have stated as much they do not worry so you should not

    I don't believe it.

    Please provide a reference to the forum where a mod said that.

    Ask the mod Gleason the forum topic was in reference to a member who was muted several times a banned (for multiple accounts for one) and let back in. the forum was deleted by staff (they can deleat forums no one else can)

    I believe his words were "A paying member can have a second account if the second account is used to practice openings (only?) I guess if someone likes you go for it

Top

Online Now