Forums

chess.com ads are covering up my live game!

Sort:
chrisfalter

I'm fine with chess.com displaying ads--you have to make money to provide a service. HOWEVER....Popping up an ad *ON TOP OF THE LIVE GAME I AM PLAYING, SUCH THAT I CAN NO LONGER SEE THE BOARD* is completely, totally, reprehensibly beyond the pail. Today this happened about 5 times for about 5 seconds each time. Chess.com has competitors, and if this problem is not fixed I will stop patronizing chess.com in a heartbeat. Yes, I know I was shouting with all caps a moment ago, but I need to shout--this message has to get through to the site owners so they can correct this problem.

Site admins, please update this thread when you have fixed the problem so that I will know I can start playing here again.

TheBigDecline

Use AdBlock. It works miracles.

chrisfalter

Site administrators still have not responded, so I am continuing to boycott live chess here in chess.com. 

Site admins - I am willing to return to live chess here on chess.com once you have assured me that ads will no longer obscure my board while I'm playing. Care to respond? Thanks in advance.

hboson47
chrisfalter wrote:

I'm fine with chess.com displaying ads--you have to make money to provide a service. HOWEVER....Popping up an ad *ON TOP OF THE LIVE GAME I AM PLAYING, SUCH THAT I CAN NO LONGER SEE THE BOARD* is completely, totally, reprehensibly beyond the pail. Today this happened about 5 times for about 5 seconds each time. Chess.com has competitors, and if this problem is not fixed I will stop patronizing chess.com in a heartbeat. Yes, I know I was shouting with all caps a moment ago, but I need to shout--this message has to get through to the site owners so they can correct this problem.

Site admins, please update this thread when you have fixed the problem so that I will know I can start playing here again.

out of genuine curiosity, who are the other competitors?is it chesscube.com or the ICC?Something similar to chess.com?

chrisfalter

hi hboson - I am now a regular at freechess.org. I'm still willing to come back and play live chess at chess.com if this ad problem can be fixed

piotr

Is the ad bug we had here still affecting you, chrisfalter?

Thanks

chrisfalter

Hi Piotr - Haven't tried, because I was waiting for a notification that the bug was fixed. Since you're telling me it has been, I'll give it a try soon. Thanks!

davecom

Yes I am getting ads popping up replacing my live game in Safari 7.0.5 - literally loading a new page.  Very annoying.

hommeyface

Maybe this is a conspiricy, chess.com might not cover everyone's gameboard, why us?

Grobaholic

It happens frequently to me.

OpticalPirate

Me too

StumpyBlitzer

Hey,

This is worth doing and i seen a few posts regarding this.

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/community/reward-earn-diamond-membership-by-finding-and-reporting-bad-ads

onlyfewknowshim
StumpyBlitzer wrote:

That topic has been locked.

StumpyBlitzer

You click the link in the middle saying block bad ads here. 👍

RainbowWantsUtojoinB1zhub
hboson47 wrote:
chrisfalter wrote:

out of genuine curiosity, who are the other competitors?is it chesscube.com or the ICC?Something similar to chess.com?

lichess.org