Forums

Different problems on differet browsers

Sort:
Waterdrops

Chrome: I can lift a piece, but then it sort of gets glued to the cursor and I just can't put it down. So I can never make a move.

Firefox: Plays no sound at all. So one has to keep a constant watch on the game, which gets boring at times.

Android: No option to resign. So if I know I am losing a game badly, I still have to play it till the end.

Please help.

Joseph-S
Waterdrops wrote:

Chrome: I can lift a piece, but then it sort of gets glued to the cursor and I just can't put it down. So I can never make a move.

Firefox: Plays no sound at all. So one has to keep a constant watch on the game, which gets boring at times.

Android: No option to resign. So if I know I am losing a game badly, I still have to play it till the end.

Please help.

Slimbrowser?

kohai

Chrome browser - try clearing cookies/history in the browser tools

Firefox - what version is it? Which version of Adobe Flash are you using?

Android - its the Menu tab that appears under the game, tap on that and the option to resign/abort is there

artfizz

There are known issues with some Chrome extensions ... 

piece-dragging-bug ?

does-anybody-have-problems-with-chesscom-by-using-google-chrome

TeslasLightning

I've been having the same problem for about two weeks now. I can make my first move.  Then the next move, the piece would stick to the cursor, and stay there...I had to resort to clicking on squares to move, but the piece stayed with me.  I cleared cookies/history.  Now after I make my first move, I can't make another move at all.  This is chrome only.  :(

artfizz
TeslasLightning wrote:

I've been having the same problem for about two weeks now. I can make my first move.  Then the next move, the piece would stick to the cursor, and stay there...I had to resort to clicking on squares to move, but the piece stayed with me.  I cleared cookies/history.  Now after I make my first move, I can't make another move at all.  This is chrome only.  :(

Try another browser! Fast!!

azziralc
Waterdrops wrote:

Please help.

This happens to me also in Google Chrome, and when I contacted Chess.com staff to solve my problems they said I must remove my toolbar etc. and now it's working on chrome.

artfizz

It's curious that drag-and-drop behaviour problems have recently begun affecting ALL of the mainstream browsers.

It's as if some underlying component has changed e.g. Java, HTML5, Windows.

TeslasLightning

Holy Mackeral!!  I followed the above mentioned advice and deleted the browser extension (which I didn't remember adding...) and BOOM!  Now it works fine!  Thanks everyone who posted about this.  I loved using Chrome in the past as just a dedicated browser for only chess.com and I use firefox for everything else.  It was shocking to suddenly have it not work. On firefox it seems to move slower in live chess.  I'm a happy camper again. Cool