Forums

Live Chess is much better now

Sort:
hartofgold

Thanks you chess/code folks for debugging the site and continuing to improve it.  Almost not disconnects,  many more players online at any time, and when there is a disconnect,  the clock seems to be suspended. Laughing

erik

yep. it's totally stable. the disconnects we see are from wireless connections and people intentionally disconnecting (or occasionally some internet weirdness in the outer pipes of the internet). 

we've spent GOBS of time and money on live chess, and i'm finally able to relax and know that it's fast and stable. phew!

hartofgold

All good, and funny~  Cool

hartofgold

Hard to believe how well they worked out the bugs.  They were overwhelmed by the demand to play. 

Apachimous
[COMMENT DELETED]
hartofgold

Judging from the lack of complaints, I guess chess.com is doing just fine.  Cool

hartofgold

For the first time in a month or two, I lost strictly on a disconnect. My clock went to zero.  We still need to fix that problem.  When there's a disconnect, the clock should be stopped until the reconnect, or the game should be cancelled.

Otherwise, chess.com is getting better and better. 

Emile R. 

satorichess

I'm having problem playing live chess n the last 2 days.

I get suddenly disconnected, my clock stil runs....I wait...no connection restored and best of all I loose points and a couple of nearly won games.

So no connection and also loosing my games because of this I think it's too much.

If you have connections problem at chess.com at least make sure I don't loose my matches and preserve my ratings....don't you think so?

Can you please check this out?

Thanks

tomjoad

Live Chess 2.0 is pretty weak. Loads of bugs, loads of usability issues. Live Chess 1.0 was much better, imo.

Apachimous
[COMMENT DELETED]
hartofgold

It looks like usage has more than doubled since the last big fix.  I can see why they have new problems to deal with.   Still flawed, but better than last year.   I am confident it will keep on getting better. 

hartofgold

Last week, suddenly a lot of mid-game disconnects and have lost a lot of points. 

Seems like chess.com can stop the clock on a disconnect.  There ought to be a way to determine whether a player has signed off, lost his/her connection to the net or has been disconnected by the chess.com server.   

macer75
erik wrote:

yep. it's totally stable. the disconnects we see are from wireless connections and people intentionally disconnecting (or occasionally some internet weirdness in the outer pipes of the internet). 

we've spent GOBS of time and money on live chess, and i'm finally able to relax and know that it's fast and stable. phew!

That's great! Good work Erik!

ilikewindmills
Macer, that was 6 years ago
erik
ilikewindmills wrote:

I'll still take it!

macer75
erik wrote:
ilikewindmills wrote:

I'll still take it!

Well, you know what they say... late is better than never!