Forums

lost on time when it was my opponents move

Sort:
Markle

I recently played a game where i made my move and the clock changed over showing my opponents time running down after waiting for about 4 minutes his clock reached zero and it shows i lost on time. Can someone tell me why

shadowknight1

I don't know why, but it has happened to me as well

Markle

It is a big pain in the butt, cost me a game

5ivestring

Just happened to me a few minutes ago.  His / her clock was red, running down, I couldn't move.  I had 3+ minutes left.  I lost on time.   What gives?  He would have won anyway, he had a huge advantage.

bernardjaffa

Barnyard

Yes the same thing happened to me when I was in an overwhelmingly winning position.  The opponents clock drained away without him moving  and I was deemed to have lost.  Computers!!!!

5ivestring

Now just an idea here, guessing... looking for a reason... could it be my computer just did not refresh?  Only thing wrong with that theory is the clock was still ticking down.

624Joe

It just happen to me, that's the second time and one his pawn was on top of mine and it stayed there and there was nothing I could do about that either.

I lose enough games without the computers help....lol

Greenatic

I think this is a connection problem...I'm not sure though.  Undecided

laurie66

You probably lost on time because you are very adept at losing on time and the rest is a figment of your overwrought imagination

Tom_Brady_SB49_Champ

happened to me too

GGDAY

this is due to connection.. the application doesn't delay the time when the connection is lost.. so when connected again... time will jump automatically using the server time

turtlestan

I have perfect connection always and this has also happened to me, it's just a glitch that will hopefully be fixed in due course.

Bilbo21

it's happened to me as well

deathstroke2611

play in v3

Bilbo21

that's got other bugs, like undoing your last move

Martin_Stahl

v3 (and probably v2)does have problems with diconnects that are not reflected in the client. I've seen it on some of my games and I don't play a lot of Live. 

But some disconnect issues can be mitigated by disabling Flash for the site and following the advice in the following.

https://support.chess.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1444918-my-internet-connection-is-fine---why-am-i-getting-disconnects-