Forums

moving pieces

Sort:
CameronRocks

I notice the grand masters playing very fast.  Faster than I can physically select and move pieces.  Is there a trick to moving quickly?

Captn_Rook

there is an option to tick 'allow pre-moves' in the settings.

eduardosalmoria

hey, did you guys find a solution for the problem? Because i just started to have the same issue and I'm getting really annoyed by that

fieldh1

It works best for me if I click a piece and a destination square, rather than dragging pieces.  Prevents dropping on the wrong square

yankee1a

I have the same problem!  Lose control of pointer which does the following:

1. Jumps all over the place when moving

2. won't let you move the piece

3. When trying to move a piece it moves slowly

4. etc

You'd think by know that the website would have figured this out.

yankee1a

Why has the website stopped letting you view the player ID when clicking on someone to challenge? Also, when you click on someone  to challenge, it stays highlighted unless you drag your pointer off the challenge board. 

Another problem is that the player dots get too close together so that when you are trying to challenge an unrated player, you accidentally click on a rated game. Then get warnings if you abort.

Another problem is there is way too much time allowed when a player disconnects.  Why should be have to wait 20 seconds before the server aborts.  10 seconds is more then enough time. And in fact, if a player disconnects, whatever the reason, you should be allowed to abort with no penalty or loss of rating points, as soon as that happens. I really don't want to have to wait until the player comes back on line or runs out of time. 

ERMason

I have had this problem more than once also. The piece jumps back from the target square and the opponent's piece instantly responds and takes advantage as though it was a premove. The first time I though I just misclicked, but after the second jump back I knew it was not me but something else. Not complaining, just saying....

AntonioVivaldiJr

I've been searching the forums to see if others have had this same issue and am glad to have found this threat. it's disheartening to see that this topic was started almost ten years ago and I wonder if the people who discussed these complaints have resolved these issues. I see that a few of them are still playing here.

Someone has mentioned clicking the piece and the destination square. I've begun to do this but I'd prefer using the click and drag method as I've used it for years. But worrying that, at any moment, a move might be ruined because the piece is stuck and then moves on its own makes the entire experience uncomfortable. I hope that this issue can be resolved.