Forums

Multiple games start at once

Sort:
Berder

I have a problem sometimes where multiple games start at once.  I click the new game button (only ONCE, I swear) and get a match, and start playing, but then ten seconds later ANOTHER game starts and I have to abort the second one.  This worries me because aborted games count against the fair play system.  I see it happen primarily when playing 2 | 1 (maybe because with 2 | 1 there are more available opponents who both try to start the game).

Zen

Do you have multiplay disabled in your live chess options (Settings -> Play -> untick Multiplay)?

Berder

Yes, multiplay is disabled.

I have a theory on why it happened:  perhaps it is because I had the Live Chess open in one browser tab, and then I opened another Live Chess session in which I clicked the 2 | 1 new game button once.  The first Live Chess session had a popup saying "a duplicate login was detected" so the session was supposed to be disabled, but MAYBE that first session was still somehow "open" and resulted in the second match being accepted.

BigAlex

It happened to me too 2 hrs ago....This is a new bug. I didn't notice this before... They updated the site yesterday. maybe another bug was created.

Zen
BigAlex wrote:

It happened to me too 2 hrs ago....This is a new bug. I didn't notice this before... They updated the site yesterday. maybe another bug was created.

I have to admit I've actually had it happen before yesterday, although very rarely. Maybe it's just another (latency-based) connection issue.