Forums

Reporting players

Sort:
MatP

Hello community, 

I've just had a game on live chess against a user called ___. 

After blundering his knight, this guy disconnects on move 39 after being on a clearly lost endgame (one rook down) instead of resigning with two minutes remaining on his clock. Fortunately, I kept waiting for his timer to go down, because he suddenly reconnected with 15 seconds remaining and resumed playing, probably hoping that I was gone by then and trying to win by time.

This sort of behaviour is really disrespectful and diminishes my motivation of playing on live servers, not being the first time that I see players prefering to disconnect and let the opponent wait for nothing instead of resigning and calling it a good game.

So I was wondering if some sort of "Report a player" functionality could be implemented so that such players could get a punishment.

Thanks for reading me :)

RodrigoBander

Another suggestion... a option to avoid forever this type of players, a list of abuser, for example, and the community administer. And in preferences, you could say that dont like to have to play with abusers. Considering a abuser who have more the x vote in the abuser list.

Roy_danlag

I'm a victim most of the time of these players,I hope management should do lot more for the integrity of the game.

AndyClifton

Stop being a victim!  Become a perpetrator!

Kansha

Please no naming and shaming :)

I understand how frustrating it can be, however, think that maybe he had something important to do :( Yes, the majority do it out of spite, but some do have legitimate reasons.

Either way, anyone who deliberately stalls or disconnects will automatically have their account flagged and game play restricted by the fair play policy.

Luvrug

what can be done about the guys who "claim" to have a rating of 750-800 then destroy an oponent like karparov on speed? I like playing people my own level and these guys with fritz on their side dont exactly make it fair.... I would be more than happy to name and shame as i write down all the details of my games.

LegoPirate
Luvrug wrote:

what can be done about the guys who "claim" to have a rating of 750-800 then destroy an oponent like karparov on speed? I like playing people my own level and these guys with fritz on their side dont exactly make it fair.... I would be more than happy to name and shame as i write down all the details of my games.

Could just be that they are purposely losing to lower their ratings to get into easier tournaments and get more trophies.

Luvrug

Its definitely an idea, but why would people do that just t have some meaningless cyber trophies? Either way it stinks and ruins the great game and a good site to play on.