Forums

Seriously, is this suspicious.

Sort:
EnemyGenerator

I just played a game on live chess (standard) and got a message that I apperently was accused of cheating or that my game was suspicous. I am actually quite anoyed by this message appearing on my screen. My acual rating is 1800-1900 and my current live only 1500. I will just show the game to prove my point. When the computer's moves are also the most logical moves you should just not send this message. (I did not even computer check the moves but I am assuming so because of my warning)

I just don't understand why this was neccessary. 

ajttja

i got one of these too, i can't find the game but i crushed him really fast becouse of some blunders that i found. So you shouldn't worry too much about it.

Berkmaster

I didn't realize I was not allowed to use a database for live games. I did it for a few games in a row to help my openings and was given a warning. I have not used it since but the only time I got a warning was when i was actually cheating.

macer75

But if cheating warnings are given based on correlation with database/ computer moves, then shouldn't high level players be getting them all the time? If that were the case, I would think that there would be a lot more threads on the forums complaining about this. But there aren't, so I'm assuming that correlation to db/comp moves is not how chess.com decides to send someone a warning.

tkee_sla

I'm also interested in this. Personaly I have never received a warning, but every 20th game of live chess I play, my opponent stops playing in the endgame faze and I win on time - after which the same message appears on screen - this member has been suspected for fair game violation and may have his account restricted etc. 

It seems to me that this happens to often. My point is - is it possible that there is so many cheating players here? Or is the system simply not working as it should?

macer75
tkee_sla wrote:

I'm also interested in this. Personaly I have never received a warning, but every 20th game of live chess I play, my opponent stops playing in the endgame faze and I win on time - after which the same message appears on screen - this member has been suspected for fair game violation and may have his account restricted etc. 

It seems to me that this happens to often. My point is - is it possible that there is so many cheating players here? Or is the system simply not working as it should?

That's not cheating - that's a fair play issue. For people at my level, it happens a lot more often than once every 20 games. Cheating is suing computers, etc to make moves for you, which is a lot more prevalent at your level than mine.

Jimmykay

The "fair play" warning also occurs when you or your opponent abondon a game. It is not just for cheating.

EnemyGenerator

well i guess that's what happened to me. he pretty much left after e5 (problably recognizing that his position was hopeless) and played a few moves before resigning. still I don't get why I would get this if my opponent has connection problems. 

Jimmykay

http://support.chess.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/171/13/fair-play-policy