Forums

TIME PROBLEMS

Sort:
DocBishopPhD

Why is it when I play certan individuals my time jumps low, when they are the one taking up a lot of time between moves? I want to know

chadlais5

have had that happen to me to.  I think it may be because of lag. or a short term disconnect.

jmsf

It happened to me, my opponent had only 15 seconds to loose and after a move his time changed to 1 minute ... how does it happens?

DocBishopPhD

Will Chess.com answer our time problem, because at least 40% of my games is lost on connections a time flux?

jmsf

My oppinion is that Chess.com should develop a way to monitore the complaints and/or adjust something in the system to detect these kind of problems. I love to play Chess but I hate to loose when opponent is doing something not so decent with time ...

boobull12

online (Live...) chess was never meant to be the "real thing"...

Different computers will carry different capacities & softwares....

Phone line connections, cable connections, wify connections...each carry its own speed & connectivity... an online chess game barely shows 45% of your playing potential !!! Unless you have one of those online cheat softwares...be always prepared to notice a big timing discrepancy when playing different players...especially at certyain times of the day...

Do what i do...Just relax & enjoy !!!  Laughing

tbelnap

I've noticed the Android app is really bad with time issues. The other player will have moved and it won't show until 20 seconds later, sometimes my time will start ticking down prior to the moves of the other player, it isn't a connectivity issue b/c i'm usually connected to wifi on my android phone. Other times I'll just get "reconnecting" popping up over and over again until the round is over and I've already lost... oddly enough its usually happens during the last minute or so of the game, really frustrating... any one else experiencing the same issues?

boobull12

i`ve been experiencincing the exact same thing...Always at the last minute...not only on chess.com but pogo chess, yahoo chess & so on...i guess it`s just a flaw from online gaming !!!

briankamak

How are you connecting to the internet and what device are you using to play chess(iphone, pc, mac)?

jmsf

MacBook Pro

tbelnap

connecting via an android, samsung galaxy with a wifi connection usually.

xalop

I have found a lot of lag on Chess.com as well. Am on a pretty fast service, so at a loss to understand the lag. 

Wondering if it is possible for some people to "fake" lag, enabling them to get seconds during blitz games.

The rush of blitz games is of course far too much a good thing to just go cold-turkey :)

YouWinSomeLoseSome

How can I request a friend if we are not friends as of yet but know each other user name?

Richard

Here moebadtuck:

http://www.chess.com/home/invite_friends.html

YouWinSomeLoseSome

Thanx Hydra

Richard

no prob :)

Phidy-Bee
DocBishopPhD wrote:

Why is it when I play certan individuals my time jumps low, when they are the one taking up a lot of time between moves? I want to know

it depends on your server

sorouush

no problem

tbelnap

I was a member when these issues were happening so there is no difference between the full account and the free account when it comes to time issues.

Sohamvela

Chess.com seems to be favoring some players and the cost of game to a person like me.  Repeatedly I have noticed that the time of the opponent was increased more than five times in the same game.  My last games of dt.9/11/2013 and 10/11/2013 is biggest proof for anybody to varify.  Have you noticed it too.  In the last game of dt.10/11/2013 at one point of time the countdown reached to ZERO and was hoping to emerge winner, but to my surprise he was granted 15 seconds more.