Forums

Veteranmate Live game Sicilian

Sort:
veteranmate

Just played this game and won in under 5 minutes! Please comment on anything in the game...

InfiniteFlash

I cry inside whenever i see white players playing premature moves such as 3.Bc4?!.

veteranmate
Randomemory wrote:

I cry inside whenever i see white players playing premature moves such as 3.Bc4?!.

Out of curiosity...why?

Scottrf

I don't think 3. Bc4 is half as bad as people think it is.

You should annotate your own games before posting though.

InfiniteFlash
veteranmate wrote:
Randomemory wrote:

Out of curiosity...why?

It is a waste of time typically on move 3 especially. Some variations of the najdorf and other open sicilians have it on c4 on move 6, 7 or 8, but only bad things can happen with this. For example, the bishop can be kicked back with e6-d5 and a6-b5 both of which black desperately (and usually wants to get) gets in the sicilian. It is a bad move imo.

veteranmate
Scottrf wrote:

I don't think 3. Bc4 is half as bad as people think it is.

You should annotate your own games before posting though.

I know, unfortunately, I have no computer at home. I'm at work and can't really make postings of each move like I would...  :(

veteranmate
Oran_perrett wrote:

well white just played awfully...

how so? care to play a game? 1 day movements?

veteranmate

well...bad games happen. moreso with my opponents.lolWink

InfiniteFlash
Oran_perrett wrote:

4. a4 is a bit silly. 20. Bf5 simply hangs a piece. 25 b3 traps his own bishop in forever. 29. Bb1 is pointless and let the mate happen. need i go on?

Yes.

veteranmate
Randomemory wrote:
Oran_perrett wrote:

4. a4 is a bit silly. 20. Bf5 simply hangs a piece. 25 b3 traps his own bishop in forever. 29. Bb1 is pointless and let the mate happen. need i go on?

Yes.

yes please go on...I would like to hear your insight