Forums

Why do you play Chess?

Sort:
meloncolo

Good bye indian1960 I don't really feel like talking to you (-_-). Hope you feel better someday.

indian1960

meloncomic ?

want to know how far u need to go for an "amateur"s title ? Consult Colby's wonderful short read, "Secrets of a Grandpatzer". He thought anyone 1699 and down was a patzer. 1700 to 2199 was a GP. BTW, he was a SIGNIFICANT contributor to early days artificial intelligence and the modern day chess computer's ability to analyze. Now, will you chime in your comments from "upstairs" ?

winerkleiner
Annabella1 wrote:
winerkleiner wrote:
Annabella1 wrote:
winerkleiner wrote:
Fictitiousphere wrote:

Combination of the following arguments:

It is one of the few games which is known by many people. Easy to learn, hard to master. It is cheap and mobile. One versus one: no xv1 situations; not dependent on team player's performance. No luck involved (like throwing dices). No unknown information (like cards in poker). Not solved (like draughts/checkers). No physical activities involved, only mind.

What do you mean not physical?  I sweat when I play chess.

You do???    ewwwwwwww   lol

Yes, lol but I also muti-task while playing!

oh really?  I thought men couldn't multi-task!  lol  (opening a can of warms here)

Lol worms. But yes while playing chess I multi-task by juggling and riding a unicycle! Laughing

indian1960

can you pull the choo-choo train too ?

hankwhite122

indian1960 are you a frustated lonely guy who only have such chess sites and/or the cyber world to spew their venom and cynicism and engages a never ending attempt to wow us with what they think is profound intellect and mind boggling wit? Do you have anybody else to talk to in your life dude? Have most people throughout your life told you to take a hike? LOL!

arkansasgrl101
hankwhite122 wrote:

indian1960 are you a frustated lonely guy who only have such chess sites and/or the cyber world to spew their venom and cynicism and engages a never ending attempt to wow us with what they think is profound intellect and mind boggling wit? Do you have anybody else to talk to in your life dude? Have most people throughout your life told you to take a hike? LOL!

yes actualy and im only 14

~jj con

WeisseSchachlade

I play because it makes me feel fancy :3 <3's

3point14times2

Becuase it is fun.

ChessQueen507

well, i think it's fun & i love how it works your brain. i want to show girls everywhere that girls can play chess! :D (also don't judge me because of my grammar).

3point14times2
ChessQueen507 wrote:

(also don't judge me because of my grammar).

people have done it too many times. i doubt they'll do it more. Smile

WeisseSchachlade

It's also addictive to plot how to best steal ALL the white chocolates!!!

ALL YOUR WHITE CHOCOLATES ARE BELONG TO MEEEEIIINNN!!!

indian1960
hankwhite122 wrote:

hanky panky - expand waits for you. make your move for true bromantic love. 

hankwhite122

An obsession with men kicking it with other men - huh - indian 1960? Hmmm!

indian1960

Hank ?

I don’t want you to feel upset with me. And sometimes my teasing goes too far. But some men go to the other side out of frustration with a woman. I don’t want you to do such a thing. I mean, here we all are, the world about us as we fly on this ball - helpless without a controlled course. I find that wildly exciting but scary alone, don’t you ? Anyway, remember there has been a left shoe made for every right one. And there is a girl out there who has lost her shoe – and only you know where it is. It’s in your hands. My heart believes this.

hankwhite122

It's not all that serious Indian 1960! Believe me! Your gender was actually irrelevant to me until I looked up at your avatar given your latest comment and noticed that you were female. Finally, I'm absolutely positive I would not want a shoeless woman who is helplessly flittering through life without a controlled course! LOL! Laugh it up kid, we'll both be O.K. Like most chess players we both probably need to think less and live life more. Take care! 

chessBBQ

Chess is my drugs and alcohol

dogsix
[COMMENT DELETED]
dogsix
chessBBQ wrote:

Chess is my drugs and alcohol

You Drink?

halbhh

Most people play chess like Conan: "To crush your enemies, and see them run before you..." ha ha, but....

Also, there's a part of us that just loves the analytical problem.

Finally, the Best of All is to get into that state of mind where when you lose but played well, you enjoy it anyway.

billperval

I play chess to punish people , to humilate them , why they stand in front of me ? because they love me ? no, they want to win and to do that  it has to crush my mind , so i crush their first ......chess is war ..if someone loves chess and not war should not playing against human , we are not live in 1920 , there are engines . no excuse nowadays .