Forums

Will the people who are right now in Bronze have a chance to win at least 200$

Sort:
AaryaPatilGr5

If they can't win what's the point of playing?

justbefair
AaryaPatilGr5 wrote:

If they can't win what's the point of playing?

Well, you have the same info as everyone else.

What do you think?

AaryaPatilGr5

what does that mean?

justbefair

I mean that everyone has the same information. 

It's hard to figure out exactly how many people are going to go straight through and how many weeks will be needed to fill out all the Champion's spots.

It's up to you if you think it's worth it.

Mousetorturer

Almost no one has a chance. Does not matter whether silver or bronze.

Jimemy

How does it work. Do you keep trophys between weeks? Can you only advance once per week? 

CLandgraff

The trophy system is so flawed. All the 1500+ just dropped down to 1000 or started a new account, lame.

AaryaPatilGr5
CLandgraff wrote:

The trophy system is so flawed. All the 1500+ just dropped down to 1000 or started a new account, lame.

I know,

technical_knockout

the stone trophy matches my avatar, flair & background, so i won just enough games to get it & then stopped playing.  😆

Jimemy
CLandgraff skrev:

What do you mean. You get a trophy for each win. So the more you play the more thropies you get no matter your rating. Like if you just spam 3min blitz all day you will get a ton of thropies. 

AaryaPatilGr5
Jimemy wrote:
CLandgraff skrev:

What do you mean. You get a trophy for each win. So the more you play the more thropies you get no matter your rating. Like if you just spam 3min blitz all day you will get a ton of thropies. 

Players will make a new account with a low rating and beat all the 800 rated players

Jimemy
AaryaPatilGr5 skrev:
Jimemy wrote:
CLandgraff skrev:

Players will make a new account with a low rating and beat all the 800 rated players

Okey.. But look at top of Silver leauge, they have not done that. 

AaryaPatilGr5
Jimemy wrote:
AaryaPatilGr5 skrev:
Jimemy wrote:
CLandgraff skrev:

I am talking about people who won every single league

Jimemy
AaryaPatilGr5 skrev:
Jimemy wrote:
AaryaPatilGr5 skrev:
Jimemy wrote:
CLandgraff skrev:

Do you mean your leauge? Cause silver leauge is the highest leauge with people in it so far. Also btw I am #1 now in my leauge. 

AaryaPatilGr5
Jimemy wrote:
AaryaPatilGr5 skrev:
Jimemy wrote:
AaryaPatilGr5 skrev:
Jimemy wrote:
CLandgraff skrev:

Do you mean your leauge? Cause silver leauge is the highest leauge with people in it so far. Also btw I am #1 now in ny leauge. 

yeah my league becuase I play CFC tournaments ( rated tournaments in canada) and some people in the silver league are people from my tournaments and in chess.com their rating is 800

Jimemy
AaryaPatilGr5 skrev:
Jimemy wrote:
AaryaPatilGr5 skrev:
Jimemy wrote:
AaryaPatilGr5 skrev:
Jimemy wrote:
CLandgraff skrev:

Do you mean your leauge? Cause silver leauge is the highest leauge with people in it so far. Also btw I am #1 now in ny leauge. 

yeah my league becuase I play CFC tournaments ( rated tournaments in canada) and some people in the silver league are people from my tournaments and in chess.com their rating is 800

It has nothing to do about rating. You gain for example 9 points for a win on blitz. If you average 50% winrate that leads to 4.5 points per game played. So the more you play the more points you have. 

If you play 3 min blitz say the average is 5 min long game. Then 100 games gives 450 point and take 500min which is around 8 hours of chess. I now have 1000 points which is more then 16 hours of chess for me since i played alot of 5min blitz instead of 3 min. Also my winrate and rating went down alot since, playing to much and playing tired is not really good for the rating.. But for the points it does not matter. The more time you put in the more points you get. 

Ian_Rastall

The tournament makes points more important than rating. If you're rated 700, you'll get more points then if you're rated 800, as your win rate will be higher. Except that raises your rating, which lowers your win rate, which lowers the rate at which you rack up points. In the end all you can do is grind. That's the secret. Play 1,000 games, and you'll probably win your division, especially if you pace yourself. But the people you're competing against have a greater and greater ability to grind the higher you go. At least, I was first in wood, with 800 points, and third in bronze, with 1,500. With the second tier it just took that much more grinding to get near the top. Not that it ever made any difference. Say you put in a thousand hours for two hundred dollars. At that rate, you might as well do data entry.

AaryaPatilGr5

Secret word = 12, 13 ---leela, youtube