Forums

300 checkmate puzzles!! (puzzles 20 - 38)

Sort:
TripleXDooM

hey, this is the second part to my 300 checkmate puzzles! hope you enjoy and i will post the link to the 3rd part tommorow or later today if i have time to make them Laughing

x-4600006091

This is way more fun than the Daily Puzzle, although I did stare at the second last one in disbelief for about a minute before I realised it was Black to move...

link to first page provided for newcomers:

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/more-puzzles/300-checkmate-puzzles-puzzles-1---50

kco

these are from the tactics trainer here

TripleXDooM

i dont think so?

kco

I've just done those the first three puzzle from the tactics trainer yesterday.

TripleXDooM

all credit goes to this book actually :

im just going through each puzzle and putting them up so people can do them Laughing
kco

so chess.com is copy them and putting them into the tactics trainer ?! btw I got that book too. lol

TripleXDooM

lol. Surprised

kemburu

do you think people will sit and make puzzle for you in chess.com

x-4600006091

Hey that book is rectangular Tongue out

Coincidentally I just finished watching Searching for Bobby Fischer a few minutes ago, apparently this Pandolfini guy's pretty good yeah?

Mr_ha

I did the first few and you seem to like the queen sac's, but who doesn't :P

Applesauce3000

An alternative solution to puzzel 3 is 1. Bxe7+ Kg8 2. Qd8#

TripleXDooM
Applesauce3000 wrote:

yeah, thats the alternate, check the move lists to see if there is the alternate there :)

TripleXDooM

sorry, but part three will be shortened (maybe, but most likely) to puzzles 39 - 50

just a fun puzzle:

bugoobiga

I love these puzzles. thanks for giving us these.

one suggestion, por favor: if it's 'black to move', then put black at the bottom. why would I try to move towards myself?...that's what therapy is for.

:D

TripleXDooM

haha, sorry i will try to start doing that in the fourth part as i just finished making the third Wink

(part 4) 300 checkmate puzzles!! (puzzles 39 - 50) link:

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/more-puzzles/300-checkmate-puzzles-puzzles-39---50

razorblade12
TripleXDooM wrote:
Applesauce3000 wrote:

yeah, thats the alternate, check the move lists to see if there is the alternate there :)

Another alternative to puzzle 3 is 1. Qd8+! Bxd8 2. Re8#

TripleXDooM

i think that was what you were meant to do in puzzle 3 anyway Wink

psy88

Just want to say THANK YOU!! I am really enjoying these. Please keep doing them.

razorblade12
TripleXDooM wrote:

i think that was what you were meant to do in puzzle 3 anyway

oh yeah woops :S XD