Forums

5/17/2016 - The Bishop Forgot His Vows

Sort:
MarcoBR444

The position looks nice for black at a first sight.

What do you do now? White to move.

See the original game in the link below, post # 1747:

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/game-analysis/the-most-interesting-game-of-chess-was-played-here-in-chesscom?page=88

HahXianMing

FP!!!! Nice Marco!!!!

DoctorStrange

2nd this time 

Nice puzzle marco Smile

DoctorStrange

Bc3 must not be a !!

Robert_New_Alekhine

Nice puzzle...

ChessOfPlayer

lol

MarcoBR444

FIRST PAGE !!!!

n9531l

The title of this thread reminded me of a checkmate position I made up and named the Fallen Priest Mate in a topic some time ago where named mating positions were discussed. It's shown below. If the e4 bishop were at e5, the white pieces and black king would form a perfect cross. But the bishop represents the fallen priest, which has dropped down a square. The white king represents the Heavenly Father above, looking down at the fallen priest.

This one may not be quite as good as the other one I made up and called the Swan Mate, but it has the virtue of being a pure mate in the middle of the board. (A pure mate is one where every square in the field of the black king is attacked only once.)

The Fallen Priest Mate

Arisktotle

I see a mobster looking on while his victim drowns in the wirlpool he set up. Thus: Mobster Wirlpool Mate.

But OK, you were there first Wink

n9531l

Yours is not bad, but Whirlpool would be better than Wirlpool.

Arisktotle

Elp, Wat ave I done?

n9531l
Arisktotle wrote:

Elp, Wat ave I done?

Blamed it on your keyboard?

olindorf
Arisktotle wrote:

Elp, Wat ave I done?

Your key between G and J went to ell in a andbasket....tongue.png

MarcoBR444
n9531l wrote:

The title of this thread reminded me of a checkmate position I made up and named the Fallen Priest Mate in a topic some time ago where named mating positions were discussed. It's shown below. If the e4 bishop were at e5, the white pieces and black king would form a perfect cross. But the bishop represents the fallen priest, which has dropped down a square. The white king represents the Heavenly Father above, looking down at the fallen priest.

This one may not be quite as good as the other one I made up and called the Swan Mate, but it has the virtue of being a pure mate in the middle of the board. (A pure mate is one where every square in the field of the black king is attacked only once.)

The Fallen Priest Mate

Interesting.