Forums

And I finally break 1000 in tactics!

Sort:
StanShue

This is very low rating, but still, I'm very happy with it.

StanShue

Please do not make fun of me, that I am so lo rated in it, because I just said, that I am happy with my " effort".

StanShue

As you see I am a kid. 

erant76

128/5000

Dear Stan! Kasparov was also a child ... Success comes through perseverance and effort
You're in the right direction! Play with joy and do not look after the score and score.
syncker

good job!

Vofdy

Hey, great job! I started playing chess simp,y through making the daily 5 free tactics on chess.com. it really made me strong. I am 22 years old and started serious chess just 4 months ago. When i started i already solved 3500 tactic puzzles on this website over 2 years. I went up from 750-1750 within 4200 puzzles and 2,5 years. So yeah breaking some borders is always amazing. Keep it up happy.png)

AIRIKZOW

gg

52yrral

Cograts!!

KeSetoKaiba

Congratulations, all victories (no matter how small or great) should be celebrated; it indirectly serves as positive reinforcement for future success. I will also note that at its essence, the feeling of success for these numerical barriers is just as significant - regardless of the level. A win often feels like a win. Congratulations once again, and good luck into continuing to break chess milestones. happy.png 

luck66
Way to go, keep up the good work.
Devrim03
God job.
MickinMD

There's never anything worth making fun about when someone has worked hard to achieve something!

Way to go!

lisavee1970

keep practicing, you will get better

HumongusChungus1234

noob

HumongusChungus1234

Why the hell do you think anyone cares about your rating lol. Even though they act like they do, nobody here actually gives a single damn. 

KeSetoKaiba

StanShue, I may be in the minority: but I DO care. In fact I feel a positive feeling when I hear of anyone improving. Kakamou12 may either be envious of your improving ability, or the more likely - annoyed by forums of people bragging how good they are (or the improving they are experiencing). Many people just like to brag to the point where many others become annoyed by this arrogance, and I feel bad to a degree for people like Kakamou12 because they are at a high enough level that they understand chess - and worse they understand that the bragging people are in fact quite weak and simply wrong in evaluations; although this does not keep them from "showboating". Despite the fact that some stronger chess players are also arrogant, I do not think it is as many as people think; it is just that they recognize the chess positions/strengths sooner, and are therefore annoyed at bragging earlier than anyone else because of this understanding. 

I do not think that you were bragging about 1000 tactics rating though, you were simply excited that you have accomplished a milestone important to you, and you wanted to share this victorious feeling with us; I think that Kakamou12 may have incorrectly evaluated the rhetorical situation underlying here. 

For lack of a better term, I do give "a single damn" - but I can also see where Kakamou12 is coming from; they are rightfully annoyed by the obnoxiously high amount of bragging they have put up with. To this extent I wholeheartedly AGREE with you Kakamou12, in fact I have sympathy for you because with a higher rating than mine, you probably notice this bragging even more than I do. The irony is that this "bragging" is more often by "weak" players, or players of questionable character - a stronger player sees this quicker and notably gets annoyed by this faster and more often. However, I think it is important to analyze the logical psychology the the author of any given forum. I think that it is great that a beginner has surpassed 1000 tactics rating; however, this should not manifest into future bragging. Of course, I think StanShue has enough sense to not let this happen - exponentially true if they really are such a young child, they have a bit to learn. 

Kakamou12, I suspect that your projected posts are perhaps misplaced here. However, a better place for this type of tone (if anywhere) would be on other forums where the goal is clearly only to brag how good of a chess player they are (often they are not nearly as good as they think they are). These arrogant intentions are commonly detected in the "game showcase" portion of the forums. Sometimes a game is rightfully "showcased" for a many number of reasons, but far too often it is by someone wanting to let the world know (whom does not care) how great they are. I suggest finding a few of these forum authors and calling them out on it, but tactfully, or with a degree of reasoning behind it; most will ignore you (especially if all you do is pummel them with an argument), but some will take your constructive criticism well after a while of thought. As a result your job in calling them out, is to ensure that your criticism is indeed constructive. I get annoyed at the level of arrogance "weak" players have too, but I do not think celebrating 1000 tactics rating in this forum had this intent; let's both argue against these future forums together, but first we need to redirect this to the correct audience: StanShue is not this audience.

StanShue
KeSetoKaiba wrote:

StanShue, I may be in the minority: but I DO care. In fact I feel a positive feeling when I hear of anyone improving. Kakamou12 may either be envious of your improving ability, or the more likely - annoyed by forums of people bragging how good they are (or the improving they are experiencing). Many people just like to brag to the point where many others become annoyed by this arrogance, and I feel bad to a degree for people like Kakamou12 because they are at a high enough level that they understand chess - and worse they understand that the bragging people are in fact quite weak and simply wrong in evaluations; although this does not keep them from "showboating". Despite the fact that some stronger chess players are also arrogant, I do not think it is as many as people think; it is just that they recognize the chess positions/strengths sooner, and are therefore annoyed at bragging earlier than anyone else because of this understanding. 

I do not think that you were bragging about 1000 tactics rating though, you were simply excited that you have accomplished a milestone important to you, and you wanted to share this victorious feeling with us; I think that Kakamou12 may have incorrectly evaluated the rhetorical situation underlying here. 

For lack of a better term, I do give "a single damn" - but I can also see where Kakamou12 is coming from; they are rightfully annoyed by the obnoxiously high amount of bragging they have put up with. To this extent I wholeheartedly AGREE with you Kakamou12, in fact I have sympathy for you because with a higher rating than mine, you probably notice this bragging even more than I do. The irony is that this "bragging" is more often by "weak" players, or players of questionable character - a stronger player sees this quicker and notably gets annoyed by this faster and more often. However, I think it is important to analyze the logical psychology the the author of any given forum. I think that it is great that a beginner has surpassed 1000 tactics rating; however, this should not manifest into future bragging. Of course, I think StanShue has enough sense to not let this happen - exponentially true if they really are such a young child, they have a bit to learn. 

Kakamou12, I suspect that your projected posts are perhaps misplaced here. However, a better place for this type of tone (if anywhere) would be on other forums where the goal is clearly only to brag how good of a chess player they are (often they are not nearly as good as they think they are). These arrogant intentions are commonly detected in the "game showcase" portion of the forums. Sometimes a game is rightfully "showcased" for a many number of reasons, but far too often it is by someone wanting to let the world know (whom does not care) how great they are. I suggest finding a few of these forum authors and calling them out on it, but tactfully, or with a degree of reasoning behind it; most will ignore you (especially if all you do is pummel them with an argument), but some will take your constructive criticism well after a while of thought. As a result your job in calling them out, is to ensure that your criticism is indeed constructive. I get annoyed at the level of arrogance "weak" players have too, but I do not think celebrating 1000 tactics rating in this forum had this intent; let's both argue against these future forums together, but first we need to redirect this to the correct audience: StanShue is not this audience.

I will celebrate again and again whenever I get up in the fivehundred from 1500 for example: 1500, 2000, 2500, ...

StanShue
DeirdreSkye wrote:

Well done Stan.

I saw some of your games.They have a  mistakes but also many moves that clearly show you are very talented.

Can I have a game? I want to have a chance to win a future grandmaster and champion. 

What is your rating??!

colnlin

congrats! hope you continue to improve!!

CalebChessGeek
[COMMENT DELETED]