Asorski Original Chess Problem No. 38

Asorski

HelloCool

My 38th chess problem is here:

                       An Asorski Original

                         White mates in 2

Asorski

ELEVEN hours ago have passed.

No one dared to solve this simple 2-mover problem?

Come on!Cool

Caiello
Asorski

Finally!

CONGRATULATIONS to Caiello!

You have solved this problem!Cool

One more tricky shot: 1. Bb3 is wrong. (Find Black's defense after 1. Bb3??).

Caiello
Gimpalersan

How about pawn e4 to e5. Then knight c5 to e4. That is checkmate regardless of how black defends.

Lincolm

@Gimpalersan : The knight cannot move, it's pinned by black queen.

1. Ba2 also the answer?

Asorski
Lincolm wrote:

@Gimpalersan : The knight cannot move, it's pinned by black queen.

1. Ba2 also the answer?

1. Ba2? Bxa2!!

Asorski

Find Black's defense after White plays 1. Bb3??

Asorski

You got it Caiello!

White needs to reserve a square for the Knight on c5. The move 1. Bc4 did just that. Now 1. Bb3 is an obstruction to the Knight on c5 as after ...Qh4!! either 2. Nd7+ or 2. Ne6+ covers g4 (...Kg4!!) as shown by Caiello's post no. 5.

paulified22
Asorski wrote:

Hello

My 38th chess problem is here:

                       An Asorski Original

                         White mates in 2

 

My puzzle does not resoond.is anyone else having problem's?

paulified22
Caiello wrote:
 

Thank's for all the different line's,I could not make any move's on my puzzle,you saved the day,good job figuring out all variation's,I was wrong on first move that I would have played 1.Nce6,but it block's white Q from covering g4,but looking back h5 is covering g4,where does black K have to move,K must move he's in check with Nce6,and Ra5,all spaces black K can move are covered,there is only three place's K can move 1.Kf5 covered by Ra5, 2.Kg4 covered by h5, 3.Kh5 covered by Rh3,that would make it mate in 1,What am I missing?Can someone see what I'm talking about,and tell me what I'm missing

Asorski
paulified22 wrote:
Caiello wrote:
 

Thank's for all the different line's,I could not make any move's on my puzzle,you saved the day,good job figuring out all variation's,I was wrong on first move that I would have played 1.Nce6,but it block's white Q from covering g4,but looking back h5 is covering g4,where does black K have to move,K must move he's in check with Nce6,and Ra5,all spaces black K can move are covered,there is only three place's K can move 1.Kf5 covered by Ra5, 2.Kg4 covered by h5, 3.Kh5 covered by Rh3,that would make it mate in 1,What am I missing?Can someone see what I'm talking about,and tell me what I'm missing

1. Nce6+ is illegal. The Knight on c5 is pinned by Black Qf2.

Gimpalersan

My bad. I meant the other knight. Knight on d6 to e4. That is my fault. Sorry about that.

Asorski
Gimpalersan wrote:

My bad. I meant the other knight. Knight on d6 to e4. That is my fault. Sorry about that.

If 1. e5 (threat: 2. Nde4#) Black counters with ...Qxc5+!!

Gimpalersan
Asorski wrote:
Gimpalersan wrote:

My bad. I meant the other knight. Knight on d6 to e4. That is my fault. Sorry about that.

If 1. e5 (threat: 2. Nde4#) Black counters with ...Qxc5+!!

Then the white rook takes the queen and checkmates the black king.

Caiello
Asorski

Gimpalersan,

         Caiello bares it all. See post no. 17