Forums

Can black survive?

Sort:
osmarbriones

there is a problem with the line of rooperi and one of MrComposer, if black makes a queen then white would make other one with check first and after that would take the queen with the rook, like boren10's line

osmarbriones

yep but what if the king doesn't go to the c column, or if he chooses not to take the pawn, would you stop the g pawn with the rook?, this is what would happen

AndyClifton

Like I said, I wasn't convinced earlier about 2 Kb3...

waffllemaster
osmarbriones wrote:

yep but what if the king doesn't go to the c column, or if he chooses not to take the pawn, would you stop the g pawn with the rook?, this is what would happen

Well clearly 6...Kf7 loses, so no need showing it.

Try 6...Rc8+ 7.Kxd4 c2.  Still, looks a bit dangerous for black, but he's trying.

AndyClifton

Hey, that line looks familiar... Laughing

osmarbriones
waffllemaster wrote: 

Well clearly 6...Kf7 loses, so no need showing it.

Try 6...Rc8+ 7.Kxd4 c2.  Still, looks a bit dangerous for black, but he's trying.

I think the king would'nt take on d4 i think he would go to d3, and this is what would happen:

waffllemaster

The rook's activity is more valuable than the king's.  It's not good form to blockade with the rook like that.

But yeah, black doesn't have to take.

osmarbriones

i think black can survive in all variations these with 2.KD3

osmarbriones

variations with 2. Kb1

osmarbriones

variations with 2. kc1

osmarbriones

variations with 2. Kd1

osmarbriones

variations with 2. Kb3!

Lincolm

Ah, black still winning seeing all of the analyzes. Undecided

RookSacrifice_OLD

Black can escape: hxg6 hxg6 Rf2+

Oonland

Lots of times I've been sure that I'll lose a game, but then my opponent makes a mistake and the tables turn. I that's rarer with highly rated players.

osmarbriones
Lincolm wrote:

Ah, black still winning seeing all of the analyzes. 

but is like if something is not ok for black, maybe something i haven't seen