x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Can you see more than 100 moves ahead ?

  • #21

    No, there would be pawn moves, therefore nullifying the 50 move rule.

  • #22

    NoisyEcho wrote:

    Except, this isn't a win. It's a draw. The 50 move rule would kick in in the middle of this puzzle, and... draw. 

    Nope..black has to move a pawn every 11 moves
  • #23

    The one thing you guys should think about is that both pieces are useless.

  • #24

    i cantt

  • #25

    This checkmate in 67 uses that same triangulation and zugzwang win.

  • #26
    Platzerwasel wrote:
    NoisyEcho wrote:

    Except, this isn't a win. It's a draw. The 50 move rule would kick in in the middle of this puzzle, and... draw. 

    Nope..black has to move a pawn every 11 moves

    Every time the kings loop around, black is in zugzwang, so he moves a pawn, which resets the move count. That's a good reason the 50 move rule shouldn't exist. Lets say in a position with no pawns, just pieces, there are some endgames that take up to 551 moves to force mate with NO PAWNS or CAPTURES.

  • #27
    EndgameStudy wrote:
    Platzerwasel wrote:
    NoisyEcho wrote:

    Except, this isn't a win. It's a draw. The 50 move rule would kick in in the middle of this puzzle, and... draw. 

    Nope..black has to move a pawn every 11 moves

    Every time the kings loop around, black is in zugzwang, so he moves a pawn, which resets the move count. That's a good reason the 50 move rule shouldn't exist. Lets say in a position with no pawns, just pieces, there are some endgames that take up to 551 moves to force mate with NO PAWNS or CAPTURES.

     

    Yeah, playing 551 moves endgame for the sole reason it might lead to something else than draw seems much better than the 50 moves rule.

  • #28
    4xel wrote:
    EndgameStudy wrote:
    Platzerwasel wrote:
    NoisyEcho wrote:

    Except, this isn't a win. It's a draw. The 50 move rule would kick in in the middle of this puzzle, and... draw. 

    Nope..black has to move a pawn every 11 moves

    Every time the kings loop around, black is in zugzwang, so he moves a pawn, which resets the move count. That's a good reason the 50 move rule shouldn't exist. Lets say in a position with no pawns, just pieces, there are some endgames that take up to 551 moves to force mate with NO PAWNS or CAPTURES.

     

    Yeah, playing 551 moves endgame for the sole reason it might lead to something else than draw seems much better than the 50 moves rule.

          lol ,that's the problem with those that whine about rules.They don't understand that the absence of them makes the game worst , not better.

Top

Online Now