Forums

Daily Puzzle Submissions! *Be Involved*

Sort:
BryanCFB
TheChessFire wrote:
Today at school we had a tournament where I was a judge. I was watching a game between two players, where this position occurred. After thinking for a while white player resigned because of "Inevitable checkmate on g2". Just before they were going to tell the result I made a move which shocked everyone (there also were three guys who watched). Can you find it?

Quite the game saver!

Poor Viktoria won't be able to sleep so well tonight after missing that.frustrated.png

RookLuft

White to play and win

BryanCFB
RookLuft wrote:

White to play and win

Cool mating pattern!

BryanCFB
TheChessFire wrote:
BryanCFB написав:
TheChessFire wrote:
Today at school we had a tournament where I was a judge. I was watching a game between two players, where this position occurred. After thinking for a while white player resigned because of "Inevitable checkmate on g2". Just before they were going to tell the result I made a move which shocked everyone (there also were three guys who watched). Can you find it?

Quite the game saver!

Poor Viktoria won't be able to sleep so well tonight after missing that.

Yeah tbh she started to cry, because if she had won, she wouldve passed to the finals

Most of us go through such experiences on our climb up the chess ladder.  Hopefully she learns from the experience and bounces back stronger.

HalfSicilin

I'm sure I play too long, I've seen too many GM Ben Finegold videos to resign and it's fun to make a smothered #.

SpeedyCyclone
forkman wrote:
Here's a puzzle I made up. 

Nd6 is mate on the spot

yoavcohen232

DerekDHarvey

This problem celebrates the capture of Baghdad. The laws of chess were different then but in this problem the differences do not arise. Black mates in two.

adityasaxena4

DailyPuzzle 

Find mate in 8 ( Hint: It involves a queen sacrifice ) 

READER10

solved 

READER10

nice one

KMMCS88
adityasaxena4 wrote:

DailyPuzzle 

Find mate in 8 ( Hint: It involves a queen sacrifice ) 

How about a mate in 2?

This forum topic has been locked