Forums

Daily Puzzle Submissions! *Be Involved*

Sort:
iainuki
Travkusken wrote:

white to move and checkmate black in two moves

Giankumaster

Hi 4xel! Yes, my idea was the threefold repetition. I didn't know about the anti agreed draw rule :-)

chinmayT

Was i trolling this game?

RubenHogenhout
Travkusken schreef:
The c7 move  is also possible on move 2  and on move 4.

RubenHogenhout
Gamificast schreef: There are so many moves to win for black. Why only on this way? First 1...a1 Q  wins because of 2.Rxa1 Qxc3.  Or 1...Rxc8 Qxe1+ 2.Rxe1 Qxe1#  
Then also after the texts moves 1...Rxc3 2.Rxc3 Qb1 also wins because of for example 3.Rc1 Qxc1+ 4.Qxc1 Rb8 and 5...Rb1  And so on.  

4xel
Giankumaster wrote:

Hi 4xel! Yes, my idea was the threefold repetition. I didn't know about the anti agreed draw rule :-)

That's not really a rule of the game of chess technically, more like of a anti cheat rules.

Travkusken
This is from a game i played recently and there is only one move that wins for white in this position.
Travkusken
[COMMENT DELETED]
Travkusken
White to move and checkmate black in 4 moves

Gamificast
RubenHogenhout wrote:
Gamificast schreef: There are so many moves to win for black. Why only on this way? First 1...a1 Q  wins because of 2.Rxa1 Qxc3.  Or 1...Rxc8 Qxe1+ 2.Rxe1 Qxe1#  
Then also after the texts moves 1...Rxc3 2.Rxc3 Qb1 also wins because of for example 3.Rc1 Qxc1+ 4.Qxc1 Rb8 and 5...Rb1  And so on.

Well spotted. Guess I'm not really that good of a puzzle setter. tongue.png

aamyaami

miyagi wrote:

White mates in 2 moves

miyagi wrote: White mates in 2 moves

chinmayT
Here is how my opponent check mated me - Very impressive combination of moves.. Checka mate in 2

Travkusken

ZlyphrrPlayz

LouStule
Travkusken wrote:
White to move and checkmate black in 4 moves

If black is moving north then it's checkmate in one (Qb2). If black is moving south, then it's stalemate.

LouStule

Referring to post #2291

jacobef
[COMMENT DELETED]
jacobef
Probably medium difficulty in my opinion. Black mates in 4.

xxdragonxxyz

xxdragonxxyz

mine is medium probably maybe a bit easier than medium

This forum topic has been locked
Forum Legend
Following
New Comments
Locked Topic
Pinned Topic