Mate in 3 (Hard)

TempterMan

crazynick8

cool it isn't so obivous 

TempterMan
crazynick8 wrote:

cool it isn't so obivous 


I am glad you liked it! ;-)

TempterMan

Soon I intend to compose my own puzzles!

hercher

Why wouldn't black keep his Q on the back rank?

TempterMan
[COMMENT DELETED]
Narmi_Helas

why doesn't black play Qc8 after Ra2

TempterMan
[COMMENT DELETED]
TempterMan
Narmi_Helas wrote:

why doesn't black play Qc8 after Ra2


TempterMan
[COMMENT DELETED]
TempterMan
hercher wrote:

Why wouldn't black keep his Q on the back rank?


The answer is in the h2 square. The black queen is controlling the b8 - h2 diagonal, once she moves on the back rank she is not protecting the h2 square anymore, therefore the white rook can mate in the next 2 moves!

JoshuaChess960

@prativa_pralh

On post # 16 how about Bxf7 ? I suppose there's a lot of variations of mate in one there...... But nice puzzles though....=D

cataclysmic78
[COMMENT DELETED]
cataclysmic78

Last puzzle is mate in 1.

theoreticalboy
theoreticalboy

In #42 Bd5+ wins the rook for black.

AndyClifton
theoreticalboy wrote:

In #42 Bd5+ wins the rook for black.

Ever get the feeling you're just kinda being ignored?

theoreticalboy
AndyClifton wrote:
theoreticalboy wrote:

In #42 Bd5+ wins the rook for black.

Ever get the feeling you're just kinda being ignored?

lol, I'm just glad I can play chess well enough to recognise basic tactical motifs...

heinzie

Incorrect! Try again...

AndyClifton

Don't get a lot of oxygen up there in Nepal, do they?