Mate in 4 (HARD)

  • #1

    HINT: Funny little knight move is all it takes! ;-)    







    Variation:

  • #2

    ok....

  • #3

    Nice

  • #4

    Nothing is forced.

  • #5

    Actualy it's not forcing. Here is another way for blacks.

  • #6

    How about Rxd8 in ALL the variations? Black has three connected passers until the White Knight goes for a mate.

  • #7
     
    Following your solution:

    gutartas wrote:
     
  • #8
    TempterMan wrote:
     
    Following your solution:
     

    gutartas wrote:
     

    Mate can be done in 4 if 2...Rg1



     
  • #9

    I've seen this puzzle on another site (puzzle 12):

    http://www.thechesswebsite.com/chess-puzzles/hard-chess-puzzles2.php

    You can use the engine to show refutations to other lines...

  • #10
    tolikid wrote:
    TempterMan wrote:
     
    Following your solution:
     

    gutartas wrote:
     

    Mate can be done in 4 if 2...Rg1

     



     

    Hahahaha You guys are very funny Laughing and quite annoying as well Yell ! 2... Rh1 also ruins the mate in 4 moves! But if you've not seen the solution above yet, I can tell you: 1. Nb4!

  • #11

    TempterMan! More than that if 2...Rh1 then 3.Qg7 will solve this problem in 5 moves. I discuss the solution where the 1st move is Qc3. And if you look with attention i don't contest your solution with 1st move Nb4. So please be carefull with your comments against people.

  • #12

    prativa_prah your solution isnt forcing mate in 4 moves:



  • #13

    Also here is another solution with a variation mate in 2 moves:


    If 2...any other move than b6 then mate in 2 moves

  • #14
    tolikid wrote:

    TempterMan! More than that if 2...Rh1 then 3.Qg7 will solve this problem in 5 moves. I discuss the solution where the 1st move is Qc3. And if you look with attention i don't contest your solution with 1st move Nb4. So please be carefull with your comments against people.

    Come on guy, you may have many solutions to mate in 5 moves, 6, 7 or whatever in this case, but the challenge of this puzzle is to mate in just 4 moves (most puzzles are like this, you may know that), and the only way to solve this problem - no matter what black replies - is 1. Nb4. For any others first moves you try - even goods - black has ways to delay the checkmate to a minimum of 5 moves. I hope you understand my point.

    I didn't mean to be harsh on my last comment, but sorry anyway. I just don't want to discuss this anymore.

    But you are right, 1. Qc3 can lead to a mate in 5 moves, no matter what black refutes! Ok?

  • #15
    tolikid wrote:

    Actualy it's not forcing. Here is another way for blacks.

     

    Why 3.Nd5?? 3.Qd5 was mate already!! :)

Top
or Join

Online Now